Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattye, that's the first rope i made, a few months ago. i think there's photos around somewhere...but here's one below. i meant that the photo was just last evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8632129057_1c733d5ee2_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	351228

hmmm. all i seem to have are these rolled up photos. well, i have to take photos of the tourm and tahitian necklace too here in a little bit. i'll get a new shot of my glorious melange rope.

Name:	8633234322_c448946a74_z.jpg
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	351229
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ill-sorted ephemera
    assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Comment

• while i'm on the topic, this is the first bracelet i made, which i promptly lost. i really need to quit using magnetic clasps on bracelets.

Name:	8606305081_524ef5f166_z.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	351230
      ill-sorted ephemera

Comment

• Mermaid necklace:

Comment

• SOOOO pretty!!! i just love wrinkly pearls, they seem so light - like bits of magic suspended around your neck. or fairy dust motes.

also, i now really admire your photography skills, luminous! gorgeous photos to make the pearls look amazing!
          ill-sorted ephemera

Comment

• I second Luminous' photography skills! She is a serious pearl lover. From my brief experience, ripples are not light. They are hefty. And beg for you to caress their wrinkly surfaces.

Comment

• in stark contrast to souffle pearls they are quite heavy. That is something I just adore about them. You FEEL them on. But they are magic. My onions feel so magical to me when I wear them!

Comment

• my hedgie necklace (drusy pearls) and pale golden ripple earrings:

Comment

• Love the pearls, but even better - that little Mona Lisa smile!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dizzie View Post
                    [ATTACH]24192[/ATTACH]

And I was wearing today... Well, actually I do not even know what I am wearing - are those freshwater or SSP? I ended buying them from the estate sale and the auctioneer did not know their origin in the first hand. I loved their baroque'ness and satiny luster. (in case anybody knows, I would love to hear your opinion on those!)

Anyhow the necklace is about 90 cm and the pearls are 11-16mm wide. I feel myself like a queen wearing those

[ATTACH]24193[/ATTACH]

And a close-up
                    [ATTACH]24194[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]24195[/ATTACH]
                    Dizzie, I'm GASPING over these! They're stunning!!!

Originally posted by maiakity View Post
                    Was feeling mixed metals today, I wore simple silver stud earrings, 16 inch satellite chain necklace, and these SS stacking bracelets, I like the way it all looked together:

Maiakitty, I love these!!! Are they elastic?
                    Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words. I make sure to wear those pearls at least once a week to do them justice

Comment

• Hello Pearl Friends: I am just perusing these last couple pages .... and what lovely pearls I see. Dizzie; love those bracelets (hope they don't cause a car crash, lord knows I am at risk driving with a pearl bracelet), Luminous; whoa baby, that necklace is truly luminous, very iridescent. And Juliebeth; how wonderful you look with all those pearls on! Wonderful, mixed necklace. Well done!
                        Linda.

Comment

• I miss this thread! I posted better pictures of these in the designer's corner, but here they are in action with lavender button studs. My phone takes awful selfies so if you can't tell, they're a mix of lavender and silver Kojima rosebuds with white keshi and labradorite.

Name:	1213131534-1.jpg
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	354348
                          Sarah Blue

"She is mine own, and I as rich in having such a jewel as twenty seas, if all their sand were pearl, the water nectar, and the rocks pure gold." ~ William Shakespeare

Comment

• ^^I saw this on the designers thread and wondered what it would look like on...even better than I imagined!!! Just beautiful
                            ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_114529.jpg
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	354446

This is part of my body everyday .... I feel like something is missing if I don't wear it ...

Comment

• MelT -- That is a very cool bracelet! May I ask where you got it (or did you make it...)?

Comment

Working...
                                X