Sea of Cortez Pearl Strands - Photos

Wow, lucky owner! It's magnificent. I love the magenta and turquoise ones.

This unique necklace was the culmination of 3 continuous harvests (2007-2009) and the lucky owner is a very refined Lady of the city of Monterrey, Nuevo Le?n, M?xico.

I am very happy to say that most of our finest strands have stayed in Mexico...except for the 2004 "Marie" necklace that went to Florida, USA, and the 2005 "Costanza" necklace that went to Italy.

Sigh! We did not have enough time to shoot photos of the necklace on a beautiful woman (they were all running for dear life as the hurricane lashed Guaymas). :eek:

Thanks for the good laugh! No, I meant that the owner sure was lucky. The PP exotics wiped me out for now. ;) If it were mine, I certainly wouldn't be quiet about it!

WOW! Just amazing!!

/Thats the trouble with seeing these extraordinary examples, it raises the bar for what we want/ - so well put, Purlgurl.
I keep wanting more and more. The pearls what were nice few months ago, just do not work for me any longer.

Really lucky owner of these extraordinary beauties! :)

Thats the trouble with seeing these extraordinary examples, it raises the bar for what we want

Let me save you the trouble of searching for better pearls. For cultured pearls, Sea of Cortez pearls are the most beautiful in the world. Even the least of the harvest are gorgeous and they'll have you turning them and trying them out in every light to appreciate their color shifting abilities. ;)

It's true! Unique qualities are found only in Sea of Cortez cultured pearls and mabes. The harvest is only--about 3000 actual cultured pearls--and about 5000 mabes. Very few full strands at all.

If one hasn't read about them--much info can be found here on the forum, and it is fascinating!

Blaire and Pattye:
Yes, i did find about the existence of unique Sea of Cortez pearls here in the forum. Before joining, I kept coming back for hours and hours of reading. What is so great here in the forum, is that I do not even have to look for better pearls, I just keep coming across them online here ..and people are so so generous and helpful with the knowledge :)

What I meant with wanting more and better, was that seeing and learning about the variations of all sorts of pearls here, specially in such short of time, just grows my appetite and passion for more special ones every day. For example, 3 months ago ordered cheep commercial fw-strands that turned out far better than expected (with very good luster and one off-round even has orient) are just a minimum standard now. I do not exactly whine :), I know, If I order cheep commercial for crafting I could not have extra expectations...but .., I really see only the best from the order. It is mostly about luster and orient for me at the moment ...
The growth is fast here! ;) :cool:

Maria

OK Blaire, I guess we are calling it even.:D I'm the one that's supposed to be just joshin.:p The Ocelot isn't the only thing that costs a lot!

ha, that was funny... trust a naive Aussie to have fallen for that one...
But yes, I am sure that beautiful strand would 'costalot' too...

Thanks for the good laugh! No, I meant that the owner sure was lucky.

Too bad. I was all set to live vicariously. Blaire eating her Rice Krispies in her pearls. Blaire telling Octavia no, she wasn't going to share. Blaire walking into telephone poles whilst doing the bosom check. Blaire throwing out her wardrobe to color-coordinate with her pearls. Blaire doing the walking on air entrance at next year's ruckus. Ahhh, such dreams.

Too bad. I was all set to live vicariously. Blaire eating her Rice Krispies in her pearls. Blaire telling Octavia no, she wasn't going to share. Blaire walking into telephone poles whilst doing the bosom check. Blaire throwing out her wardrobe to color-coordinate with her pearls. Blaire doing the walking on air entrance at next year's ruckus. Ahhh, such dreams.

Sounds wonderful, except that I would be eating Rice Krispies for every meal in perpetuity! ;)

Sounds wonderful, except that I would be eating Rice Krispies for every meal in perpetuity! ;)

I like Rice Krispies. I LOOOVE Sea of Cortez Pearls. These pictures are making me really appreciate the one I have even more.

barbie

Douglas, that strand is absolutely breathtaking! Even looking at the photos of them is addictive. Fortunate lady. Sigh!

Hope it gets worn and doesn't just end up in a bank vault somewhere
Couldn't agree more. Thanks to Douglas for at least sharing it here, albeit sans neck given Jimena's tragic scattering of the guapas of Guaymas.

Doug:
It is impossible to find words .... Beautiful work.
Thank you for sharing,
barbie

Beautiful pearls, I'm willing to just eat rice krispies for a year for these and I love my food. :D

Back