Vietnamese blue akoya

newberry

Last spring I was asked by KaySD if I would go to PP with her. I always take a trip to PP in the spring. Jeremy and Hisano found big wonderful white and blue baroque akoyas that I wanted to see. I saw the white ones and fell in love and had to have a strand that ended up being the white tin cup with the white metallic drop. I also had a few other remodeling pendent projects in mind at the time. I had also taken my Sea of Cortez peanut with me to see if the blue baroque's would be a match.

IMG_0256.jpg

Hisano in her wisdom said that these do not work and I did not want these and she would find me something better. Boy oh boy did she deliver. I totally forgot I had left the peanut with her. Last week I got an email with the perfect match. Which stand would I like and what length? Me being me I said I would like both.

cynde3.jpg

It did not take me long to think that what I did not want to do was duplicate what I already have. Pearl Paradise baroque blue akoyas with a blue south sea pearl enhancer from Patricia Saab designs.

IMG_0541.jpg

The Sea of Cortez is a very special pearl from the 2014 ruckus brought off the hood of Jeremy's Tesla. I have a decision to make and a couple of choices. Which would you choose?

Choice one is a triple strand torsade

Cynde-triple.jpg

Or the four strand torsade

Cynde-four.jpg

Hisano is changing the bale to the V diamond enhancer bale.

And who better to do so than the lovely, talented Hisano :)

Hehehehehe! I'm glad I'm not the only one who said, "BOTH!" to Hisano.

I like the 4 strand torsade.

Sweet! Either three or four work for me… big help huh :)

Breathtakingly gorgeous, newberry!! I love the look of the triple torsade:)

I'm afraid I'm no help either ... those little dark blue akoyas make me swoon .... love that diamond y bail. Whatever Hisano creates will be gorgeous on you :)

The peanut is a big boy, and looks really big on the three strand. But, he is robust enough to handle four strands.

Either way, I love the look and the colors are perfect!

I think the three stranded torsade compliments the peanut best and really allows it to shine. But they are both glorious options. You certainly can not go wrong with either option!

I think both options look great so personally I'll go with the more comfy (I.e. lighter to wear) option.
Looking forward to loads of pics when you get it k?

They both look great! Perhaps the three strand option lets the peanut stand out more. I think it is totally up to you, they are both lovely.

In the light of day ... both options are gorgeous ... I'd throw it in Hisano's talented hands; you can't go wrong :)

I think I prefer the triple, just slightly, but both options are beautiful. I like Cathy's idea of asking Hisano for her recommendation.

I like the triple strand better. Although I'm sure either will be beautiful, the triple doesn't over power the peanut, but accents it beautifully. What is the pearl size of the strands?

I like the triple strand .. but that's just cause I tend to like odd numbers in design. For some reason the 4 strand seems a bit bulky for the pendant...and the pendant pearl is soooooo gorgeous... tbh I think that a photo on a neck strand would help..I know they are small so the 4 strand might not be as big as it looks in the photo. They are such pretty pearls ... it would be impossible to go wrong either way :D I like the change in the bail as well...excellent choice...stands out a bit more with the multiple strands !

Back