Vietnamese blue akoya

Ooooooooooh I would love to be there..but the timing never seems to work out for me ! However, I am in the process of deciding when to come back to the states next year ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

July would be a good time :)

July, Katbran, July ... ! We can make an after Ruckus swing through New Mexico to look for turquoise LOL :)

I am thrilled with my new torsade and was surprised by some special sons and a very busy elf with matching earrings.

View attachment 39003 blueAkoyanecklacea.jpg

Four strand Vietnamese akoya torsade with Sea of Cortez enhancer.

View attachment 39004IMG_1271-2.jpg

View attachment 39005Blue-akoya-with-sofc.jpg

I think the pearls are just stunning and look much bluer and better in person. The pictures really do not do them justice and show their overtones either. I now have to eat every word I have ever said about not really liking akoya pearls. Between having and wearing a TDF 10.3mm pistachio akoya strand and now the bluest of blue akoya torsade I can now state I love my new akoya pearls :) Jeremy you have shown me the error of my ways.

View attachment 39006blue-akoya-earrings-w-necklace.jpg

Last edited:
OMG !!! There they are !!! Well I will officially eat my words...4 strands is in fact better than 3 ! That is absolutely beautiful ! And the colour...it looks very deep... boy I do want to see these in person! And the earrings are perfect ! What thoughtful boys ... ( My boys got me a frying pan... I mean it's nice...but...it's not blue Akoya earrings...) Love the necklace !

Ah, Newberry ... I'm SPEECHLESS!!!

Well, okay, not really LOL ... your new torsade is just stunningly beautiful! Hisano did a masterful job with the torsade, the peanut bail ... a vision in blue :) Best part though? Surprise earrings from loving sons !!!! Congratulations dear friend ... especially on the loving sons part :)

Katbran ... July ... July ... July :)

You are so right about Hisano doing a masterful job Cathy. It was all her. That woman is just the best of the very best with her creations. I always feel so honored to wear her special creations.

Thank you Katbran and Pearl Dreams.

newberry - Your blue akoya torsade is wonderful, and just perfect for the peanut. The earrings are such pretty pearls and so beautifully matched. I look forward to seeing these in person next summer. Please post more pictures when you wear these. So gorgeous.

Newberry-- simply stunning! The torsade is just magnificent and the earrings are terrific.

Wear your new set in health and happiness and I look forward to seeing them in July!

Stunning, quite stunning, my favourite colour and just perfect on you!
What wonderful Christmas earrings too.

Oh it looks wonderful! And the earrings are such a thoughtful gift.
(I really needed the applause emoticon here - if the mods are reading this, any chance that we can get more emoticons?)

Wow, that is shut the front door gorgeous! I love how the pearls just seem to roll around one another, like soft bubbles under water. And the earrings are fabulous as well. Wear them all in the very best of health and with love in your heart!

eta: what did you use for a clasp? I'd love to see a photo of that too! Thanks!

I'm so happy for you, and I get to share when I get to see you wear them! Enjoy!

WOWZA! The necklace and earrings are gorgeous. They turned out really beautiful. If they are indeed better in person than they are in the photos, they must be a real knockout!

And I've decided that I really like the look of double drop earrings, especially with diamonds mixed in.

Congratulations. Don't save these pieces for special occasions. Wear them all the time.

P.S. I'd love to see the clasp, too.

Wow, that is truly gorgeous! And wonderful gift from your sons! Wear them in the best of health.

Very beautiful set Newberry!
I love the little Vietnamese akoyas. I can't get enough of them.

Oh.my.word.... that has to be one of the prettiest blue pearl necklaces I have ever seen! I just love it and that bottom strand is my favorite!!! Just a delightful arrangement of colors and sparkle!

Back