Tahitian Keshilicious

jshepherd

These are going to be part of a blog post soon on the PP blog with glamor shots, but I snapped this with my camera phone today and thought I should share. It's something you definitely don't see every day!

I'd never seen a separated loose lot of dark peacock Tahitian keshi pearls before and there was one on display at the HK show last week. It got a lot of attention but was really expensive. The company that was offering the lot was a Japanese company so on the last day Hisano and I tried talking them into splitting off 30 momme from the entire lot (with no selection) because it was the last day. I think she charmed them into it because I am sure they told countless people NO throughout the week ;)

Hisano's best selling piece at her Vegas little h debut was a ring that had a Tahitian keshi and a Sea of Cortez keshi alongside a Tahitian geode. She figured these would take that ring up a notch!

Attachments

• tahitian keshi lot.jpg
    tahitian keshi lot.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 38
Ooh, those are stunningly beautiful, Jeremy! Pearl dealer versus Hisano's gracious charm ... no contest :)

Beautiful keshi in my favorite Tahitian colors. Well done!

Jeremy I saw those also and first thought they were provoked pearls, which they said they were not. But they were absolutely beautiful and as you said very expensive.

They are beautiful, how many momme was the whole lot?
The lovely Hisano did well getting these, I am looking forward to seeing more of her designs.:D

Oh, those are beautiful! Can't wait to see what she does with them.

Wow those are really pretty! Yes, I bet they were not cheap!

Back