Some of my odd pearl creations

I was with Sheri - intestines. All very la_corsetiere-ish, really!

Yup, intestines was my first reaction too... reminded me of anatomy lab in nursing school.... shiver! If corseted, they would need to have a bit of an indentation around the center, me thinks:)

Yup, intestines was my first reaction too... reminded me of anatomy lab in nursing school.... shiver! If corseted, they would need to have a bit of an indentation around the center, me thinks:)

Ha! It was memories of anatomy lab doing 1st year med that made me think that too....

Reminds me of something...

labyrin_p_c4_c4_of.jpg

[cannot be absolutely certain, but I always thought that the 'labyrinth' series launched the series of 'felted' gold - there wasn't much around when Niessing launched them back in the day]
I]

I was kind of liking them until you guys mentioned anatomy lab. I couldn't eat meat for a year after that class. We would go to a restaurant (my husband and sister and I) and when I smelled meat I smelled phenyl formalin. I new it couldn't logically be there but I still smelled it.
barbie

Sheri:
I love your creations.
barbie

Thanks, Barbie! Now, enough of anatomy lab...how about a few new creations?

This isn't all that odd, actually, but thought I'd post it anyway.

Kinda kasumi-esque FW's...that can be worn nice and classic...or a little bit strange...(thanks to detachable/interchangeable pendants).

Sheri

Attachments

• sheri photos pearls 004.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 004.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 38
  • sheri photos pearls 005.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 005.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 41
  • sheri photos pearls 006.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 006.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 36
  • sheri photos pearls 007.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 007.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 42
There's my favorite bat again! I get such a kick out of your eclectic findings. Fun, fun, fun!

Hmmmm...I was thinking intestines...not sure I'm thrilled to have them intermixed with "my odd pearl creations", but hey, it's a free website!

I hear you (only just now). It seems too late to take the post off, now that it has got a comment or two, but the disturbing picture just got hidden under a link. Hopefully a whole lot milder reminder that disturbing design doesn't mingle well...

[Yes, I had also recognized the similarities as described, just never felt more then marginally amused ... otherwise I would not have posted the thing, believe me.]

I hear you (only just now). It seems too late to take the post off, now that it has got a comment or two, but the disturbing picture just got hidden under a link. Hopefully a whole lot milder reminder that disturbing design doesn't mingle well...

[Yes, I had also recognized the similarities as described, just never felt more then marginally amused ... otherwise I would not have posted the thing, believe me.]

Don't worry about it, Valeria! And I do want to clarify that the rings in question are actually quite interesting, both in design and workmanship. Different designs appeal to different people, and I certainly don't want anyone to think that I feel my designs are somehow superior. Hey, there are plenty of people out there who I'm sure are quite creeped out by my bats and spiders and weird organic pearls that look like boiled chickenfeet! They're just too polite to comment about it. Frankly, the only reason I made that comment at all was because the rings were getting so much attention, with the photos getting repeated in responding comments, that I was afraid the casual browser would think that those were some more of my own "odd pearl creations". It was the diva in me, acting proprietary over this thread.

Just wanted to set the record straight. I think I need to go make something odd now...

Sheri

Different designs appeal to different people, and I certainly don't want anyone to think that I feel my designs are somehow superior.

Too late... ;)

Thank you for the frank explanation. I hadn't realized... It seems natural to point out references when talking of some absent third party's art work (quite a bit of gallery talk is just that, LOL!) and took that Israeli ring for granted as fair game w/o thinking thrice. If this were your photo gallery instead of a forum thread, it would have prompted reserve (those feel ore like someone's territory, for whatever reason). My Netiquette records have just been updated.

Valeria, you're absolutely right - I probably should just put the photos in a photo gallery. But then I would miss out on the fanmail!!! That's what I get for being a diva... ;)

Sheri

I think I need to go make something odd now...

Sheri

Please do, Sheri.. we count on it!

And perhaps the other posts could all be moved to a thread on their own?
They are beautiful, but it would be nice to keep this thread as Sheri's pieces....

Lisa:
It may be reasonably okay to use a polishing cloth gently on the metal parts if they are tarnishing and then wipe the pearls afterwards. I have and it doesn't seem to do them any harm. But be careful to wipe the pearls off after as the cloth is impregnated with something to remove the gunk.l
I tend to run my eyeglass cloth over my pearls from time to time as it is made to be so soft it doesn't scratch the finishes on the glass. The perk up nicely and don't seem to scratch from that and it has the advantage of perking up the clasp too.

Thanks for the info, Barbie, I appreciate it!
Lisa C

Thanks for the info, Barbie, I appreciate it!
Lisa C

Hi Lisa and members!

If you wipe your pearls often the knots may loosen a bit through the "rolling" of the pearls so after a while you have to restring the whole strand to avoid ugly stretches of silk. Otherwise very good advice when chemical stuff is involved in the cleaning of metals and neighbouring pearls.

Back