Some of my odd pearl creations

Thanks! The klonks feel so nice and weighty around my neck. Kind of like a kitten. But not furry.

Sheri

Sheri, the bottom strand are the new hastily purchased ones from our Sunday morning at PP? They are fantastic!

Looks like I'm late to the party too. The bat necklace with the big weird white central pearl is my favorite. The pearl looks like a cross between a giant tooth and a manioc root. Beautifully unpearl-like. Good for you Sheri for inspiring everyone's inner freak to come out.

Much as I love klonks, itty bitty pearls have their place in my world...

Here are a couple pieces I did using oxidized sterling wire, knitted with small freshwater pearls (the thicker one also has some firepolished Czech glass).

Sheri

Attachments

• sheri photos pearls 001.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 35
  • sheri photos pearls 002.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 002.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 47
  • sheri photos pearls 004.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 004.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 40
  • sheri photos pearls 003.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 003.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 36
Hello all - It's nice to see so many pictures on this site of so many beautiful pearls and pearl creations!

OMG!!! She Knits Too???!!LOL Those are really fun! Alright, what gauge wire?

I used 26 guage on those, Pattye.

Would like to do one with high-karat gold one of these days, but will have to wait for the gold price to come down.

Sheri

Those little pearls are S_E_X_Y. Never thought I'd say that about pearls!

A variation on your mesh theme- enclosed pearls.

Hmmmm...speaking of mesh...I just finished this necklace, wearing it as I type, and I'm rather proud of myself. All FW pearls, multistrand with mesh, and finally made use of a couple of fine silver precious metal clay findings I made years ago. Had intended to make earrings with them, but they were clearly just waiting for my pearly inspiration.

(NOTE TO SELF - MUST FILE DOWN THE LITTLE POINTY BITS THAT APPEAR TO BE GOUGING MY NECK.....)

Sheri

Attachments

• sheri photos pearls 005.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 005.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 37
  • sheri photos pearls 006.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 006.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Those little pearls are S_E_X_Y. Never thought I'd say that about pearls!

QUOTE]

Oh Caitlin - pearls are ALWAYS sexy!!

And Sheri - you really are such a lazy bum, aren't you?? Beautiful and interesting work..... again!!

Sheri - Both of these are so interesting and beautiful. I concur with the other comments on your knitted necklace; great design theme you're working with.

I love them. Ditto to what Pattye said. I would be interested to find out how it is knitted. TIA.

I remember your big SS pearl in the mesh that you "just threw together" and was really impressed. This combination is really stunning, with the mesh encased pearls. Love, love love...

Back