Some of my odd pearl creations

I've been playing around a lot with "found objects" lately, making rayguns and other steampunky stuff. The patina you find in rusty old washers, metal bits that have been run over countless times, etc., can be hard to replicate, and give the piece a special character. So, continuing in that trend...incorporating brass, black rubber, some sort of a rusty sprocket or cog or ???...and a klonky FW pearl...suspended from chain I picked up a while back at the hardware store.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 47
I love the fusion of color, texture, material, workmanship, and emotional tone. Recombinant jewelry can be so intriguing, and IMO often where the greatest creativity is born.

Today's freshwater chandeliers...surprisingly lightweight and comfortable to wear! My wimpy earlobes need a break from time to time.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 41
And seeing it in person, it s really something breathtaking, so innovative and lots of fun too !! Sheri really makes pearls "laughing"

A few recent pearly creations...

A few recent pearly creations...

It has been quite a while since I posted, but I'm trying our Perlinda's tutorial on how to post photos...thanks, P! Now, let's see if this works...

Attachments

• hippocampus.jpg
    hippocampus.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 43
  • triple pearl dangle earrings.jpg
    triple pearl dangle earrings.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 45
  • octopus with pearls.jpg
    octopus with pearls.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 35
  • nest earrings with bluebirds.jpg
    nest earrings with bluebirds.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 39
While all of the new creations you posted are lovely I have to say, The Sea Unicorn is my fave!

Cheers
Ash

You made the unicorn? What fabulous technique. I had no idea! I love the octopus holding all those pearls!

Will you be bringing them to the ruckus? Or should I say Smashed Pearlers Party?

What fantastic pieces. I especially love the octopus. If I had all of those arms, I'd be holding onto pearls, too. Thanks so much for sharing your designs with us!

Thanks to all! I'll bring the pieces to the ruckus for show and tell (and perhaps a little tentacle groping)...speaking of which...

Attachments

• tentacle pendant with pearl.jpg
    tentacle pendant with pearl.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 47
I love the gold chain birds' nests! I wish I were going to see your demonstrations. How are you creating the tentacles?!?!

Back