Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

thanks bweaves :) i love your typewriter shirt! what are reborn pearls?

After a cultured pearl is removed, the oyster or clam or mussel is returned to the water and a new pearl grows in the old pearl sac without having been seeded with new mantle tissue and without a new bead. The pearl is 100% nacre, but usually not round. Mine look roundish in the middle where the pearl sac held the original cultured pearl, and then flat and long where the slit was made for the insertion or removal of the pearl, I think.

I'm normally not a huge baroque fan, but the orient on my pearls are amazing. They have a tendency to always be "edge on" in photos, so they don't show up well. But the necklace and earrings are very lightweight and perfect for hot weather.

P.S. I'm a very fast touch typist, and one day my co-irkers decided to play a trick on me. They rearranged all the letters on my computer keyboard. However, I learned to type on a blank keyboard, so I couldn't cheat when I was learning how to type. My co-irkers were very disappointed when I didn't notice their handiwork for HOURS. I think I finally figured it out when I needed to type a tilde ~ and couldn't quite remember where it was on the keyboard.

Love all the looks...and BWeaves, I earned spending $$ typing papers in college...ah the things our children will never understand!

So true! My high school graduation present was an Adler J-5 manual typewriter to take to college with me. It later went overseas with me and was one of the few things I brought home from overseas, while my portable (luggable, actually) Sharp PC-5000 computer was outdated by then and did not make the trip home. It boasted all of 128 KB-- which became 256 KB with the bubble memory plugged in. :D

I still have the typewriter.

Thank you baby nurse!

By the way, may I ask you, are you a pediatric ICU nurse?

I am currently a stay at home mom, PD. When I joined the other forum, I was still working as an RN on a birthing unit. I was usually the "baby nurse", which means I was assigned to the nursery to care for newborns who needed one on one care. It was not, however, a pediatric ICU.

For clarity, I kept the name when I joined here:)

Thanks for the info on your Edisons, Baby Nurse. I'm really coveting those.

Today I dug out my first pearls I bought myself. That would be the akoya rope and choker. And my Aunt Love's princess length Blue Lagoons. And my ruby heart drops. I can't believe I bought these in 1982 and the nacre is still as good as the day I bought them, and I've worn them to death. They were my every day pearls until last year when I discovered PP and Kojima and Pacific Pearls and you enablers.

I love this look, BWeaves! The layered strands are super lovely, and with those colors, just mesmerizing!

As an aside, I own that same sweater : ) I think I have it in the blue/green colorway as well, or I may have returned it. Silly me:(

Thanks for that, baby nurse. I was wondering.
I'm a PT but also became a SAHM when I had my daughter (at age 40!)

Wow!! Well, babies arrive when they arrive lol! I had mine at 36 and 38, not that far from 40.

Transitioning to SAHM can be a difficult choice, but in our case it's been invaluable.

Hi Baby Nurse, I have the blue-green version of that Boden sweater, too. It looks great with my blue baroque akoyas.

When I find something that fits and looks good on me, I buy it in every color.

Oh, crap, that holds true for pearls, too.

I'm in with the "buy one in every color" ... in clothes and in pearls LOL!

Hhahaha I'm going in line with the "multiple" theme today. I liked my previous layer styling so much that I did it again with Victoria Grayson for a Tahitian version. I think I like the HG ripple with Emily Thorne better, but that's also because I love the lace top it was styled with, so not entirely fair. The Victoria Grayson version is not bad for a day time look!

More!.jpg

"not bad for a day time look!" .... Purranha that's the funniest thing I've read today :) I love both these looks, and both could easily go on the red carpet, maybe with the outer sweaters removed.

I LOVE the layers, Purranha!! What a gorgeous look!

This is a rope of 5-6mm pistachio akoya and a metallic pink/gold pendant, purchased from PP in November.

Neck Shot
ear shot 2
neck shot
neck shot

Baby Nurse, I love love love that look. That pendant and rope are to die for.

I think I find myself coveting (copying?) everything you own. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I hope you believe that.

Back