Sharing one of my projects

Bailey1856

Hello pearl friends! I just wanted to share one of my projects. I've always wanted a harvest strand so i've been collecting tahitians for a while now. When i arranged them temporarily I realized I didn't like the random arrangements of colours:(
So I tried an ombre type arrangement and turns out i love the colour graduation, it's more pleasing to my eyes. I'm half way through after many hiccups. It's my first time knotting so i was looking for different knotting techniques and found out knotting with tweezers is my favorite. I was halfway through when a knot somehow appeared right after the needle :mad: so with my frustration i cut the needle off :eek: (not a good idea). I might have to start over again:mad:
One question though. How do i use powerpro? I am using silk with a beading needle already attached for this project but ifi wanted to use powerpro, do i double it up, put a knot at the end and the beading needle at the other end?

Just the picture beforei started knotting
2015-06-02 18.14.42.jpg

I can't help you either but just wanted to say that your pearls and design are lovely!

Bailey, the color graduation and variety of shapes is gorgeous!! Well done : ) Also, I have so much admiration for anyone who learns how to string their own pearls.

Thank you Baby nurse! I'm four pearls away from being done...yay!!! Now i just have to find a video on how to the finish the strand.

Last edited:
Ohhhh beautiful arrangement, Bailey! Love the colours. Another one with no clue about knotting, sorry.

Very pleasing arrangement of some lovely pearls, Bailey :)
Way to go!

That's very pretty and so interesting, Bailey1856 ... can't wait to see it finished!

Thank you Tucs, Jacques (do you recognize the blue, purple, and white pearls? :)), Marianne, and CathyKeshi!

I finished it ( i think I just missed a knot or two LOL) and will take pictures tomorrow as it quite dark here now.

Last edited:
So sorry I don't have a cule about how to knot but I sure like how you have arranged the pearls. It will be fun to wear like having several pearl necklaes depending on which part of the strand faces forward. Bravo!

Bailey, love the ombre pattern and mix of colors and shapes! Did you find the tutorials over on "LOWLY BEADERS" that show beginnings and endings? If you want to use powerpro, I recommend the green because your pearls are mostly darker and it blends quite well. Good luck!

That is one heck of a killer strand. We will, of course, need neck shots! :)

Thank you Newberry! That's true i can rotate it and have different colours of the strand facing forward, great idea!

Thank you Pattye! I will check out the tutorials and see if i finished the strand correctly. I used grey silk but green powerpro would be interesting,i didn't know it existed in that colour. I might check out your beaders secret ;) i love the variety of colours.

Last edited:
You have an excellent eye and I love the ombre arrangement! A one-of-a-kind strand for sure!

Bailey1856, did you drill the pearls, or buy all already drilled? Very much a novice at Pearl knotting myself, but I can say Beaders Secret thread is wonderful :)

Really, really beautiful!!! I love the way that even though the graduation of colors is precise, the shapes/sizes/textures end up being random. Adds an element of surprise, keeps the eyes engaged. Great idea.

Back