My Rehoming and Rescue Project

Today’s addition. I’ve run out of pearls and jump rings now, so until the next batch arrive, it has four strands. I think I can space it out for at least two more.
This is so much fun.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I was going to fill all the space with more strands but by chance it sits nicely with the necklace I wear every day. It’s my grandfather’s wedding ring. I can add a fifth strand between the bottom two.

Attachments

• IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Gaaah! They have a carabiner on Etsy where the screw part is a skull!! This reminds me that I was going to restring my white Tahitians on some colorful thread because I never use them and a carabiner would be a great clasp for such a project. Actually, I rarely wear any of my pearls. Maybe this can give the edge I need.

Hmm, if the length is right, you could string a necklace in two parts with two carbiners and then take it apart and use as a double or single bracelet as well with one carabiner. Since they can vary in size, it's a also a way to adjust and change the length.

Last edited:
Slight variation to the design, in case anyone was thinking of doing something like this. It’s really fiddly and difficult to get the necklace on once it’s got more than one or two strands. I’ve added hinged silver jump rings, just to make it easier to fasten the carabiner.

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    958.7 KB · Views: 28
I’m getting seriously addicted to this!
I put together a bracelet from some of my broken eBay strands. I’m waiting for a sterling silver version of the clasp to arrive, but really enjoying wearing this!

Attachments

• IMG_4406.jpeg
    IMG_4406.jpeg
    963.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    962.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4410.jpeg
    IMG_4410.jpeg
    911.3 KB · Views: 16
My clasp arrived. I’m delighted with it, especially for what I paid - it’s really nice and exceeded expectations. I added a diamond and ruby charm, just in case I have to go to the Met gala this year (which failing, so I can look fancy at the grocery store). Only down side is that the clasp is a fair bit smaller than the carabiner and I had to sacrifice the third strand to get a bracelet long enough to fasten.

Attachments

• IMG_4483.jpeg
    IMG_4483.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4481.jpeg
    IMG_4481.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4479.jpeg
    IMG_4479.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4495.jpeg
    IMG_4495.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4497.jpeg
    IMG_4497.jpeg
    841.5 KB · Views: 18
Wednesday, your new clasp and bracelet are beautiful; LOVE the diamond and ruby charm addition! Met gala worthy indeed; or practice at the grocery store :)

Back