Save the Date: Pearl Guide Summer Ruckus 2011

It's killing me to miss fri. But just confirmed all our stuff is being delivered tomorrow. About 900 c. Ft. To unpack. So I'm planning on sat. Staying over (please). Is there a schedule for Sat. And Sun? As for Skype, my computer died and I am currently confined to this iPad (hence the crummy typing), but I have Skype on it. I will be driving there and can probably help with transport to PP and airport. Getting excited in between being completely overwhelmed!!

uStream.tv is a good alternative if you have issues. It's and free and handles huge volumes of users.

I've used it dozens of times for special events and have custom templates so it runs in it's own window with chat room, and no banner ads.

The capture/upstream runs in a browser, with amazing simplicity.

I can have it running from a clickable link in under 10 mins.

Thanks Dave, It is good to have a plan B. 9 year olds are in high demand these days. I do video chat with SKYPE now but this will be the first time I've tried it for conference calls. Tomorrow afternoon/evening might be a good time for a test run. My skype name is "thepearler" so you all can contact me whenever you want. Good luck. And stand by with uStream.tv Dave. I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Thanks Dave, It is good to have a plan B. 9 year olds are in high demand these days. I do video chat with SKYPE now but this will be the first time I've tried it for conference calls. Tomorrow afternoon/evening might be a good time for a test run. My skype name is "thepearler" so you all can contact me whenever you want. Good luck. And stand by with uStream.tv Dave. I'm not guaranteeing anything.

It will probably be fine. Not all of us have or use SKYPE though.

Are you using a hand held camera and USB device for this event or, just your laptop cam?

Back to the mundane from the high-tech...Jeremy, any suggestions as to when I should instruct my "chauffeur" to deliver me to the "estate" tomorrow??? Wouldn't want to arrive before the red carpet has been vacuumed, after all...

Sheri

What about Sat.?? Arrival time for this ruckus ready woman? Also - parking?? Can I get there earlier and get ready there? I'm not clear on the schedule for Sat., but I'd like to try and hit some of the seminars. Jeremy?

Sat will have presentations from sustainable pearl farmers in the AM, with a roundtable. Jeremy will also discuss the Metallic pearls.

After lunch, crafts. Lowly Beaders get together and share knotting books, equipment, secrets, and projects.Bring unfinished projects, if you can find them.

Much earlier we agreed to 9;30 Am. Now I think it will be 10ish, so 9:30 is when we start to gather. This year's seminars are going to be less formal, though no less informative.

I concur that it is going to be a lot less formal this year. It will be more of a social with the pearl stuff worked in and letting everyone enjoy themselves on a little pearl getaway in style!

Blaire and I want to do our poster as well, but she won't be arriving until the afternoon, so we'll have to see how we are going to be able to work that in. Other than casual Saturday, we will all be heading over to PP on Sunday for the usual pearl show and tell.

We are trying to get together all the sheets and blankets needed. We've been able to get an additional seven beds, so that is a good thing. But I still strongly suggest that everyone pack like they are going to a slumber party;)

We just did a test and the group video works fine. Anyone out there that wants to hook up on the live feed can simply contact me on SKYPE.

Tonight we are just socializing in the evening over dinner and drinks. Tomorrow evening the caterers have dinner scheduled at 8 pm, I believe. Tomorrow night will go until people start heading to bed;)

Have fun, you all! I'm south-sea-pistachio-green with (the best friendly kind of) envy.
~Elizabeth

We're off to bed. Have fun all! We will be dreaming of you..............

Have a great time everyone!! Looking forward to the pictures and stories!!

Shoot! I've had a nine-year-old with me since July 12th; wish I'd known you needed him. 'Course having him meant no time for the computer, hence my ignorance of your need... I know you guys had a blast!

Back