Save the Date: Pearl Guide Summer Ruckus 2011

It looks like I won't be able to get there until Saturday, maybe in the late afternoon. I bought a house that is undergoing renovations and I have to be there for a couple of big deliveries and I can't put if off. I don't have to be home on Sunday. Octavia will make it up to everyone! :)

Sorry, I am not going to be able to get there. I had hoped that it could happen, but I still have way too much preparation to do before my biggest trade fair of the year in Melbourne over the first week of August. i just can't risk not putting my heart and soul into ensuring that everything is perfect for that fair, it is just too important.

Jeremy - thank you again for your generosity - I would have loved to have been part of the weekend, and feel honoured still to be part of the PG community. It is a great forum, and a great community, due mostly to you!! Thank you.

Have fun one and all, I will be thinking of you!!

It's a shame you can't be here this time Nerida. I know how busy you are and have been all year. You'll be missed. Maybe we can organize a SKYPE conference call with those who can't make it and Make them part of the festivities. Of course you'll have to BYOB. Just a thought.

We were thinking of suggesting SKYPE as well. We would love to see you all and take a part in a small way.

I was thinking of that too sometime today - how can we do this? I was thinking maybe at the show and tell so that there could perhaps be a few computers tuned in to SKYPE to different members - I am sure Wendy might be interested too? That way we could show some of our pieces as well??

Thanks Mike - you know that I would love to be there...

I have been looking into the Skype thing and I think it can work. I think first thing is that you will need to make sure you have the newest version of SKYPE. They have it for Mac as well. Then on the main page you click on Skype in the upper left hand corner. When the drop down appears click on account. A page with a paddle lock will appear for a moment then a page will appear. You will see a button for group calls. You will get a 7 day free trial which will carry us through the weekend. We can have up to 9 people on at a time according to the info. There are videos about this on youtube if you have any problems. Hey this might just work.

OK. I have the latest Skype for Mac. Need to have your Skype user name. Let me know when you are ready to start.
Really hope it works!

Thanks Mike - I do have the latest skype also, so should be easy enough to do. Can we do a trial on Thurs or Fri with a couple of people...?

I'm indeed interested, my skype name is onewend.
A test run on thurs or fri seems a good idea - to synchronise both the technology and the clock!
Having a look at this has already been useful because I have spotted that my email address was spelled wrong, which may explain why some people haven't been able to find my on skype! <#redface>

Mine is noralerner
Waiting for instructions.

We will have to do some logistics to figure a time that works for everyone on the conference call. I will use all my techie skills to organize it over here.

Note to self: Find a spare 9 year old kid by Thursday. ;)

Back