Save the Date: Pearl Guide Summer Ruckus 2011

I am in.. looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting the new pearls. Please let me know what I can bring! Cheers, Sarah

Yippie Sarah! Will be wonderful to see you again. Would love to see your pearl wrapped SS necklace in person :)

Marianne

Thanks Marianne.. I will bring it with me! I am looking forward to seeing you too. Happy June! I have three shows this month... so a good pearl party will be a wonderful break from the action! Cheers, Sarah

How about a Knotting Clinic, with Caitlin, Sarah, Hisano, and any other of our most experienced knotters. Now that I have been knotting for about 6 months, there are a few questions about attaching clasps, choosing thread. Also Sheri volunteered to show her wire knitting technique! Probably others will have something to share--like those who work with pearls and leather? Your thoughts??????

sounds like fun to me... I would love to learn the wire knitting, and it's always fun to learn other peoples "attachment" ideas. Can we schedule that long before the alcohol comes out though? :)

Once the Hotel choice is settled please let me know so I can book my room...have been practicing my "barnacle dance" moves but slipped and had to visit my chiropractor. I think Josh and Marianne will have all the fun ;)

Good Lord, what is that barnacle dance, that it can do such damage? Did anyone record it for posterity????

I think the hotel choice is settled. Same place as last year- the LAX Gateway Sheraton

Sounds great to me - just booked my flight - I won't be staying at the hotel, but my sister lives 5 minutes away. It'll be here before we know it - can't wait to see my old friends, and meet some new ones!

Sheri

I am still planning on coming so count me in. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Hey Jeremy, maybe you can share more pictures/videos/stories from that fantastic trip you took with Josh Bazar.

So it looks to be between 25 and 30 of us, right? Mia is doing a bit of research to see if a beach house is available that can handle a large group. If she can find the perfect place that would be great. Otherwise we will have to go the hotel route again.

so far we have
Nerida
Cynde
Pattye
Marianne,
Sheryl +1
Sheri
Blaire
Cathy +3
Donna
Barbie +1
Caitlin +1
Steve ?
Douglas
Josh,
Sarah(?)
Jeremy +1
Boo ?????
That's about 24 people so far.

Please add anyone I missed!

Last edited:
Nerida replied in post # 18 that it's possible she'll be there.

I've gone as far as to reserve at the Gateway, and wouldn't want to disappoint Douglas by not bringing the latest 'nautilus' discoveries, but can't be 100% at this point as am hoping not to come alone, potential family conflicts, etc.

If your name is not on the above list and you want to come, please contact Jeremy directly right away.

Please add any revisions, if you are on the list.

My daughter is not coming; she is busy helping upgrade a system for DES in AZ. She's in Phoenix until further notice.

I am very excited about this year.

Back