Road trip to Kojima Pearls

Please feel free to post lots of pictures of your beautiful new strand on this thread rather than just the link ;) The more pictures the better!!!

Last edited:
NECKSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the Grace Rope, which I have been thinking of renaming it Mermaid's Trove:

Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.33 PM.jpg
Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.34 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.34 PM #3.jpg

And with the earrings:

Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.36 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.36 PM.jpg
Photo on 5-9-16 at 2.36 PM #3.jpg

The necklace is wonderful on you!!! Agree also about the earrings… a bridal must :)

ok, so I tried on the dress [It is not zipped up all the way since I do not have someone to help me, please excuse the decolletage and the mess in my sewing room!] and here's how it looks with the Grace rope. I think you all are correct, it might not work with the dress but will use for other bridal events. The dress has a cream/champagne color to it [the lace part] and underneath it has an antique rose color tulle as lining with silk underneath.
DSC09448_Fotor.jpg
DSC09446_Fotor.jpg

The necklace is definitely too bold for the dress. But the earrings are such a statement, that you may not need a necklace with them. And the earrings are going to look gorgeous with that dress.

I approve renaming the necklace Mermaid's Trove!

Okay, I'll chime in ... just my opinion of course, but as you asked ... :) I love the Grace of the Mermaid's Trove necklace, the earrings are fabulous, and the dress in opulent, elegant and fabulous. I say if you love it all, wear it all, or any combination thereof ... it will be magical. Of course, I just returned from Venice, where they'd put it all together, AND maybe add some velvet, so my judgement may be clouded LOL.

One last thought: You might be able to use a pearl shortener clasp to section off your necklace, have the rose and cream sections at the front, and drape the Tahitian loop down the back, which might look awesome depending on the back of your dress. Or not, and Venice jet lag has destroyed my brain :) But I do like the way the rose and cream pearls accent the subtle dress colors ...

Everything is beautiful, earrings, necklace and dress, but I think for the wedding I personally would go with just dress and earrings; the dress is very intricate and with your hair and make up done, it will all look complete.

Gorgeous preview of you in your wedding dress Mermaid. I agreed with your decision on earrings only. What are you wearing on your hair?

Okay, I'll chime in ... just my opinion of course, but as you asked ... :) I love the Grace of the Mermaid's Trove necklace, the earrings are fabulous, and the dress in opulent, elegant and fabulous. I say if you love it all, wear it all, or any combination thereof ... it will be magical. Of course, I just returned from Venice, where they'd put it all together, AND maybe add some velvet, so my judgement may be clouded LOL.

I totally agree with what Cathy said. You might try the strand wrapped two times around with the dark Tahitians in the back and see how that works. Your dress is beautiful too.

Cathy and Newberry,

I am seriously considering doing just that. I'll have to figure out how to do that.

Gorgeous preview of you in your wedding dress Mermaid. I agreed with your decision on earrings only. What are you wearing on your hair?

Kelluvpearls I will probably wear a Spanish Mantilla similar to the style below, but a bit more simpler. It is a tradition and will not compete with the dress =)

carmen-lomana-tambien-con-mantilla-blanca.jpg
08f0cc7495052112fe298b1b21711b3e.jpg

Mermaid if that is the way you want to wear this wonderful strand...contact Sarah. She is absolutely a dream to work with. Let her know for your day you want this strand restrung without the Tahitians. Then after all the celebrations sent it back to be restrung like it is now. There might be a small fee for this but to have the perfect necklace on your special day with your dress I bet it would be worth it. I love triple strands but love doubles more and that look might be what will work for you. I do really like your earrings too ;)

Back