Restyled & Recycled Jewelry Challenge!

The second one is Catherine Cardellini's blissful mix. I added some pearls from pearlescence as well as various other ETSY vendors.
I decide to make this one ombre too since I really prefer colour graduation as opposed to mix colours. This one actually goes well with my ombre T rope. It is heavy though!:eek:
ombrefresh.jpg
ombrefresh2.jpg
ombrefresh3.jpg
ombrefresh4.jpg
ombrefresh5.jpg

I finally have something to contribute here! Purr sent me some gorgeous carved angelskin coral necklaces, which I thought went beautifully with some ombré baroque freshies I had. My baroques were strung way too long, so I cut the rope down and removed a sampling of colors, then added them to the double strand coral necklace. The bottom strand is carved and the upper isn't. I LOVE how the double strand came out! And feel like I'll get a lot of wear out of it ❤️

Before:
IMG_3581.jpg

After in bad lighting and neck shot in better lighting (having a hard time showing the colors)

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

I'm thinking about converting a 64" rope into two strands. Say, a 20" necklace and the remainder at 44". Is this a stupid idea? Can a 44" strand be doubled without a clasp? Clasps on both would be best so that I could connect them again. Would I have to restring the entire necklace? Could I cut it, and then have a lot of loose leftovers for dangle earrings? Maybe this is a stupid idea and I should just leave it alone. Pearls are 7.5 mm, baroque Akoyas.

Thoughts?

I can get 22" necklace over my head without a clasp...just. A doubled pearl necklace? Maybe, given that the pearl diameter isn't large.

But I think restringing with connectable clasps is a better idea. The small size orbit style clasp would make a good connector-- they come in several sizes in rhodium placed sterling silver, 14K, 18K. Rio calls them "oval push clasps":

https://www.riogrande.com/search?q=oval+push+clasp&c=&t=1&pageSize=32

You could leave 4 loose pearls to make dangle earrings-- say, 2 per earring. Use a head pin + eye pin to connect the 2 pearls, wire wrap onto a leverback finding.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking ... and thanks for the tip on Rio clasps.

I don't think I ever saw this thread until today-- great stuff. You all have given me some ideas!

Back