Restyled & Recycled Jewelry Challenge!

pattye

Pearl Scholar
Let's make it official and show our restyled and recycled jewelry pieces here! We support sustainability. This thread can be an ongoing source of inspiration!

So many creative ideas have been posted throughout the forum, but are difficult to find again.

SO~check through your jewelry boxes for unworn necklaces, broken chain, out of style earrings. Before and After photos please with details, LOTS OF DETAILS! It's great if you do all the work yourself and also ok if a jeweler is involved.

Do you feel this would be fun and helpful?

I love this idea! Time to dig through the jewelry box. So anything is fair game, not just chains?

I think this is a WONDERFUL idea for a thread. I'll start, with my very modest restyle. Apologies, no "before" photos. These earrings had small drop pearls on; dyed navy blue freshwater. I wore them often, with navy blue suits to work ... until I saw PEARLS at the 2014 Ruckus :) I had the earrings along with me, and asked if there might be pink color change FW drops to match the necklace I bought. Lynsey matched a few pair for me to look at, and there was one clear winner ... and BAM ... I had new, FABULOUS earrings with large, color change FW drops on. I wear these often; they have a way of looking great with just about any other pearls. Here are the earrings, and for reference, the necklace they match. (Almost didn't get the necklace ... I had the clasp changed, and sent to me; UPS "lost" the package and it took a week of investigations for the package to mysteriously show up on my porch again, unscanned by UPS!)

Your turn, Purranha :)

CRD Color Change Metallic Pink FW Love Knot Earrings.jpgCathy Color Changing FW Pink Pearl Oval Drops Necklace 2ADJ.jpg

Gorgeous, Cathy!!!

I'm afraid the most ambitious restyle I've done is swap out a ball clasp for an orbit clasp. Then my restyling is just linking all the orbit clasps together. Oh, and Sarah replacing hooks for lever back earring findings for me.

Thank you BWeaves ... PP did all the genius work of finding and matching 2 pearls to the necklace, and replacing!

Ericw, thank you ... it was quite an adventure with UPS. It was late summer, so no Father Christmas :) The package was scanned into the big UPS shipping warehouse closest to me, but not scanned OUT ever for delivery. The warehouse manager scoured the warehouse for me countless times, had the trucks inspected ... nothing. PP started a track on their end ... nothing. I finally insisted on a formal "fraud" investigation being started, and a few days later the package showed up on my porch, in perfect condition, no marks, no delivery scans of any sort ... ? The UPS warehouse manager thought it was so odd she came and picked up the box for further research. I kept the pearls :)

Cathy, thank you! A great launch for this topic! Your earrings are 14K? Classic and gorgeous set now!

Purr, I know you have some terrific pieces, hopefully you have the "before" pics, too!

lmgarden, I hope you will add your amazing statement pink ripple rope here, though I know there are photos elsewhere.

Thank you for your enthusiastic response! Eric, love your sense of humor!

And here is a multi strand sapphire necklace that I pick up locally...it was the mermaid prototype! Still one of my favorites. Sorry I don't have a before on this one...but it was originally strung on thread and it really worked much better on wire! But those little sapphires were buggers.IMG_2572.jpg

Great idea for a thread. I have so many restyled pearl strands and pendents.

Oooh, right on time! I don't know what to do with a rice pearl necklace that got snapped in two (an unfortunate incident that included a toddler -- mine). It was my mother's and although I never really used it, I feel that a restoration/reuse is in order. Maybe I'll use it more frequently in its new life, but for now, I need ideas. :)

I love that tin cup with your mother's chain. It's a much more interesting chain for a tin cup.

CrazyMissy, was it strung/knotted? I'm having a hard time picturing snapped in two if so. Can you post a photo?

Back