Once in a Lifetime: The Sinkankas Symposium on Pearls!

I was texting with Betty Sue and she's pretty excited about her talk. They've asked her to speak on " the evolution of the Pearl Goddess' , the story of her life with pearls. That should be really interesting . Wish I could hear all the speakers !
I loved her talk during AGTA this year. We had such a wonderful conversation afterwards...you NEED to come to Tucson next year!

Well my house sold between my week in Hong Kong and my 5 weeks in N&S Carolina so with luck , very shortly , I'll be free as a bird. It might just take me that long to get on a plane after a 40hr trip home. lol But it's definitely a much better chance next year than ever before ! Betty Sue has offered me a place to share with her so that's an added incentive.

I am so looking forward to attending this! I also live locally and can pick up anyone who needs a ride from train station or hotel.

So wish I could be there. I'm stuck in rainy NYC and dreaming of sunny SC and many pearl gurus that I will be missing. As Jersey Pearl suggested, it may be time for an east coast ruckus!

Well my house sold between my week in Hong Kong and my 5 weeks in N&S Carolina so with luck , very shortly , I'll be free as a bird. It might just take me that long to get on a plane after a 40hr trip home. lol But it's definitely a much better chance next year than ever before ! Betty Sue has offered me a place to share with her so that's an added incentive.
WooHoo!!! So glad that you had a successful house sale!

WooHoo!!! So glad that you had a successful house sale!

Well , thank you JP and Caythyk !!!! It was not a good time to sell but in the end I figured it was time to just move on . If we were younger I would have just taken it off and waited 2 years but we have been in limbo for over a year now. Market here is quite stagnant and for big places like mine, the market has dropped about 20% in the past year. bummer But it's over now and the two surgeons that bought it can make it theirs.

Free at last, Free at last ... now I just have to pack up.

CathyK - I've sent a couple of DM on IG :)

I'll go look Katbran. If I can't see them, I'll track you down elsewhere. DM's don't work for me on IG usually.

The symposium was wonderful! What a great day learning, meeting new people, and spending time at the gorgeous GIA campus. Thanks so much to the organizers and speakers for sharing their time and knowledge.

Betty Sue sent me a photo of the "married couple". Douglas and I ended up with matching last names. Mine was Beavers-McLaurin! I can't tell you how wonderful the whole event was - note perfect. The action was non-stop!

BlaireDoug.jpg

Ugh! I was too busy to take photos. I think our peeps may have taken some. Hopefully, we will see something this weekend. :)

Oh what a delightful photo of my dear friends ... what a joy!

Sounds like a wonderful event! The strand you're wearing looks fab on you, O's Mom. Plus, you are so photogenic! :D

Back