Once in a Lifetime: The Sinkankas Symposium on Pearls!

GemGeek

Pearlista
You will want to attend this event if you are in Southern California. Speakers include Elisabeth Strack, Hisano Shepherd, Douglas McLaurin and Betty Sue King. Jeremy Shepherd will be introducing the full-length motion picture Power of Pearl: The Farm Beneath the Sea. Serious pearl royalty!

There is a discount if you sign up before April 2nd. Think mini ruckus! :)

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/c...-a-Lifetime-The-Sinkankas-Symposium-on-PEARLS!

symposium photo.JPG

And I will be speaking on the history of pearls.

This is wonderful! Oh, how I wish ... :) But there was that little January CA excursion, and one again end of July ... but I'll be cheering you on from PA, and expecting you'll give our friends hugs from us!

OOOOO, this looks wonderful. I wish I could come, but I can't.

I live in west LA, and would love to go if I can find someone interested in sharing the driving. Looking at the schedule, it makes sense to drive down Friday, and back Sunday. Is there a canonical place to stay? Anybody interested? I have a somewhat venerable Volvo station wagon that is pretty roomy but old -- think no navigation system, or backup camera, etc.

I will be there in my wheel chair broken ankle and all :)

I live in west LA, and would love to go if I can find someone interested in sharing the driving. Looking at the schedule, it makes sense to drive down Friday, and back Sunday. Is there a canonical place to stay? Anybody interested? I have a somewhat venerable Volvo station wagon that is pretty roomy but old -- think no navigation system, or backup camera, etc.

Linda you could ride the Amtrack to Carlsbad station. and a very very short Uber ride to the venue.

Linda, there's the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and the Sheraton which are both very near the GIA. I'd be happy to pick you up if you need a ride from your hotel to the GIA. I live in the area.

Thanks! I was looking at Amtrak schedules, and I can't find mention of a Carlsbad station. Am I missing something? It seems to want to send me to Oceanside. I could take Uber to the hotel; would it be very far from Oceanside?. I would love a ride from the hotel to the GIA, sobellejanet. Thank you so much!

It could be that the coaster commuter train stops in Carlsbad, but not the train from LA.

Linda it called the Coaster it runs San Diego to Oceanside and back.

Spread the word if you know any pearl lovers in the area. I would love to meet them! :)

Linda, private message me with your hotel name and we'll exchange email addresses/phones so we can make arrangements for pickup. Yes, you have to disembark in Oceanside but the station is really not too far from the GIA. Both are on the coast.

What pearls to wear? I am not sure! :) Remember that a bunch of them are still in the safe deposit box where I don't have the key!

Back