Oh My God! Pp Monthly!!

They're here! The only damper was having an economy discussion on the way to the mail room, that made me feel guilty about buying them. I think this means I have to sell another strand I was going to keep. They really are gorgeous. I still love Tahitians better, but these pack a lot of punch all right. The photos posted here are with my computer's camera on Photo Booth under flourescent light, so don't hold it against the pearls. Wow - I never had an attachment pend approval before. What's up with that? :confused:

Attachments

• akoya1.jpg
    akoya1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 29
  • akoya2.jpg
    akoya2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 31
Success!

The 9.0/9.5s show excellent depth of color, again better in person than in the PP photos (and certainly better than my rushed photo).

I took this leap knowing my wife's contentment with and frequent usage of a platinum South Seas keshi necklace with blue overtones. Here they are together, in shadow/indirect lighting (note the new penny!).

Attachments

• Akoya:SSKeshi:Post.jpg
    Akoya:SSKeshi:Post.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 24
akoya

akoya

Got mine too. They have a subtle silvery blue coloring. I like them in that they are different and can be worn with a lot of colors. I still like FW exotic and dark Tahitian pearls better. They are shiny, but not quite shiny like round akoya, FW exotic/freshadama and my Tahitian strands.

These are 7.5-8.0mm, 16" & 18" long.

Attachments

• baroque akoya1.jpg
    baroque akoya1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 30
  • baroque akoya2.jpg
    baroque akoya2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Jiazzi, you and your pearls are exquisite, truly. I do love blue on other people, although I don't wear it much myself. Those pearls might just start changing my mind though. I'll have to talk it over with my peach baroques though....they might get jealous. ;-)

Enjoy your beautiful pearls!

Here are mine (or they will be once this attachment pending thing resolves!) It kind of killed me to cut apart such a pretty little necklace but I already have a very nice set of wildly baroque akoya, and I needed the smaller pearls for this necklace. I used grey-green sapphires (which have killer sparkle in the sun, but sadly it is very overcast today) with a bit over 2/3 of the pearls from the PP necklace.

I used my larger, more baroque akoyas for an enhancer, but I need to find a smaller bail for it to sit better.

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4756akoya.jpg
    IMG_4756akoya.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
To avoid the delay of photo approval, I posted the photo of my blue akoyas on photobucket and created a link within my PG post message to point to my photos hosted on photobucket site.

Wow, they're gorgeous spaceneedle!

Indeed, especially your collection of interchangeable drops :D

May I enquire what type of earrings you wear with the drops?

I am thinking about getting some inside and out diamond pave huggies myself :)

DK :)

Very nice, Callire. Nice pearl on a lovely neck.

Why does your photo show up, but Sheryl, Steve and mine are still pending approval?Hmm?

Back