My first pearl purchase

doubledouble

Hi all!

My fiancee has always liked pearls and has a couple of strands from her mother and grandmother. I decided to get her pearls for her last birthday after she was attracted to the Tiffany Ziegfeld Collection rope (http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=29402523)). She doesn't like "white-white" pearls, preferring a warmer overtone, but she liked the pattern and the length (87") was great on her, so versatile and just the right length when worn doubled. I decided to have a similar rope made by Hisano at Pearl Paradise with AAA freshwater pearls with a rose overtone, after I saw she had already done a similar project (http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/06/creating-custom-designed-pearl-jewelry/). I also added a white gold ball clasp and matching white gold studs. She sourced the smaller pearls in Hong Kong and finished the rope last week.

I am so happy with how it turned out! Hisano did an amazing job. I haven't given it to my fiancee yet but I know she'll be thrilled.

I have definitely caught the pearl bug and will probably be making more pearl purchases soon :)

Attachments

• IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4911.jpg
    IMG_4911.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4912.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4914.jpg
    IMG_4914.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4916.jpg
    IMG_4916.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4918.jpg
    IMG_4918.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4919.jpg
    IMG_4919.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4922.jpg
    IMG_4922.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4925.jpg
    IMG_4925.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 36
Great photographs! The quality of the pearl luster is superb! Yes -- pearls can be an obsession, but a lot of fun. :)

i am sure your fiancee will love it! thats so pretty! indeed, hisano did an amazing job!

What a beautiful gift! She will love it forever! Warning, the pearl bug bites hard. Please share future purchases with us, it'll be fun to watch her pearl wardrobe grow. If you could post neck shots, I know we'd all enjoy them! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together. (And what a good start!)

They are immaculate! How did she react when you gave it to her?

What a beautiful gift! She will love it forever! Warning, the pearl bug bites hard. Please share future purchases with us, it'll be fun to watch her pearl wardrobe grow. If you could post neck shots, I know we'd all enjoy them! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together. (And what a good start!)

Ooooh, what beauties, couldn't agree with you more, BAS, and yes, please keep us up dated with future purchases.

Normally I not comment on posts like this but Hisano really created something I really really like. Congrats Hisano and congrats to the new owner

Hisano did a fabulous job! Just look at the luster on those pearls!!! The earrings are lovely as well. I am sure your fiance will adore her new pearls and cherish them always.

I really love that rope design and agree that Hisano did a tremendous job creating that beauty! Oh I know your fiance will love it and wear it in so many ways. Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words all! I haven't given it to her yet... planning a nice dinner out to present them. They are her birthday present and she knows about them and gave input on them, just doesn't know they're here yet. (We knew it wouldn't be in time for her birthday because Hisano had to source the pearls in Hong Kong). I will post neck shots once they are on her neck!

To clarify, my fiancee and I are both women and my next pearl purchase will be for ME! I am thinking everyday earrings.

It's a perfect pearly world when both spouses can enjoy wearing them! :) We've been talking pearl stud earrings lately. That might be a fun place to start. :)

Doubledouble:
Welcome to Pearl-Guide. You have found the right place!
You will not go wrong hanging around here.
Linda.

Doubledouble - Fair warning - pearls are like popcorn (or chips...). One piece is just not enough! You may need multiple pairs of studs to share!

Yay! Double the pleasure and double the fun! Oooh, maybe you will be kind enough to post "double" neck/ear shots! I hope she will gift you with pearls, too.

Back