My first GSS

Parrot Lady, your GSS are big and beautiful-- no need to wait for winter to wear them!

Do your parrots leave your pearls alone or do they want to nibble at them? A parrot that climbed on my hand at a pet shop wanted to nibble at everything-- my purse handles, my eyeglasses, you name it.

Pearl Dreams, my little cockatiel fancies himself as a jewelry appraiser, I think. He loves jewelry and can't keep his beak off. The larger parrots don't notice jewelry at all, thankfully. Their beaks would make short work of anything.

Parrot Lady, those are really nice gssps!!! I bet they make you feel like a queen wearing them!

PD, you're a hoot! lol!! I wouldn't be surprised if she asked to take a picture of them.

Cathy, that's so cute about Walter. He's really a gem!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegHere are the photos as promise of my new GSS

Last edited:
And BOOM, there's the gold Parrot Lady ... so much more gold in the photo on your neck ... and what lovely shapes!!!!

Bcm21mk, those look like melted gold! It's all in the lighting and the photos!!!!!!!

Always, always hold onto your new pearls for at least a week, so you can get to know them in a variety of lights, clothes etc.

Amti ... "a gem" ... in the rough is my Walter ;)

Somehow I missed the mammogram pearls--yikes-- that is definitely snort-worthy!

Parrot Lady and BCM, you both have lovely strands of GSS!

Those mammogram pearls are hysterical!

CathyKeshi, beautiful new goldens! ..looking forward to their debut in July!

Thanks all ... with apologies to Parrot Lady for taking her thread ... ! I do think a bit of creativity can make a certain color work when it might not usually work ... whether it be a complimentary color pearl or gem or metal mixed in somehow, or even the length ... a rope may work fine, where right up at the neck might now, or vice versa! There's a golden for everyone :) 2thdktr that lemon color golden sounds gorgeous!

It was SO much fun meeting and "playing pearls" with JerseyPearl ... she is a delight and her workmanship is impeccable. I was grinning and giggling for DAYS! JP, just remember, while THE WALTER harvest strand is my dearest work of art, it was your wire wrapped golden creation he decided to save from the food truck LOL. Not me, just the goldens ;) That's Walter all right ;)

Cathykeshi- I agree with using complimentary colors or mixed metals and gems as they can change a look into fabulous from meh. I would love to post my golden strand, but don't want to hijack this thread. Your food truck story and Walter are hysterical. I think it's terrific that he shares your passion for pearls!

I would love to post my golden strand, but don't want to hijack this thread. Your food truck story and Walter are hysterical. I think it's terrific that he shares your passion for pearls!

Hijack away! I know everybody wants to see your strand -- I do!

Hijack away! I know everybody wants to see your strand -- I do!

Alrighty, then-- very sweet of you. I will try to capture it's color on my crappy phone. But, it is appropriate for the thread as it is my first GSS too! May have to wait for some natural light tomorrow.:cool:

Here they are. I tried to capture the silver overtone as best I could.
GSS Pearls- lemon yellow.jpg
GSS Pearls 2.jpg

Back