First Beading Project Ever

I can't take credit for the pearl/rose quartz ... she saw a bracelet design in pearl/aquamarine retail, and wanted it in rose quartz. They could custom make it, but the quality of the pearls was so horrible (they used Akoyas, and the blemishing was huge!) I said I'd do it with the matching necklace. I did have to hunt for a suitable clasp. It was just blasphemy to use poor quality Akoyas when I could get the whole set done in near metallic, unblemished freshwaters for half the price.

I reamed as well for these, but mainly for enlarging the drillholes. Broke a couple of the amethysts. I just wish powerpro came in nicer colors. I had to hide the starting/ending knots in the stardust beads ... I also hope they don't break. I'll cry if I have to redo it. But then I can always rearrange the drops. I need to hunt for harder gemstones.

Here are more pics of the lavenders/greys.

tn_Lavender003.jpg

tn_Lavender004.jpg

tn_Lavender005.jpg

tn_Lavender006.jpg

tn_Lavender014.jpg

tn_Lavender015.jpg

Had enough yet? I was planning a pink drop with garnet and daisy spacers to hide the knots. I don't quite like silver daisy spacers so I didn't put any with the lavender ones.

In most gemstone strands, the harder the stone (sapphire etc) the smaller the hole. That's the other reason I use beading wire. I have to go as low as .09 to sting the diamond beads!

So you can knot beading wire? I might get some in next time then ... serves as a backup if I have to redo any. The diameters are bigger than 10lb power pro though. Do you still use double strands?

Wow Raisondetre, you have been busy. Beading and knotting with a vengeance, I'd say! Buah hah ha! :eek:

Gorgeous and perfectly executed, by the way!

Raisondetre, your work is fantastic. Haha, who is totally addicted, then?

All I want is more of pearls ... big white ones, giant keshi, druzy, spice pearls, fireballs, you name it. Argh!!! And I haven't been paid at my job! I really am working to support a habit. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. PA.

...o
All I want is more of pearls ... big white ones, giant keshi, druzy, spice pearls, fireballs, you name it. Argh!!! And I haven't been paid at my job! I really am working to support a habit. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. PA.
...or you end up with a business! I'm only here so I can buy lots and lots and lots of pearls

Last edited:
Hi Raison,

lovely work you did with those pearls. However, by now you do understand the joy of stringing and the need for more pearls to be able to do that:D aren?t you?

The story with 2 left shoes was funny too. Keep stringing and photographing, thanks.

Haha !
Welcome to the club Raison....:D
And thanks for the photos. of yet more of your beautiful creations.

I'm so far gone ... problem is I'm just not confident enough to start selling.

Here's the only one I strung today. Pink drops with garnet and daisy spacers. A bit dark as it's night time.

tn_Pinkgarnet001.jpg

tn_Pinkgarnet002.jpg

tn_Pinkgarnet003.jpg

tn_Pinkgarnet004.jpg

That last one looks positively royal! Great idea!

I think there must be something like "The five stages of pearlmania"! Maybe designing and making your own is the ultimate step.

Back