First Beading Project Ever

As you have guessed, I am now frantically cutting apart the grey freshwater/pink amethyst strand for the missing gemstone ... must get it done before midnight!

haha - you are obsessed! but I do like a streak of perfectionism...

knotting

knotting

I wish we can meet face to face, knot and wrap with each other, like a workshop. It would be so nice to meet everyone. Sigh. I don't even have a pearl-mum here. :( Raisondetre, you are addicted.

OK, 30 min after midnight, I've finally finished. Gemstones are so hard to string. But just as well - I strung it with 10lb powerpro initially, was deliberating whether to restring onto 20lb as I didn't like the strength. Nerida found a missing gemstone in between pearls (I have no idea why I didn't see it when I was stringing) so I cut apart the whole strand and now have it restrung satisfactorily. Now I'm happy ... and I really have nothing else to string or restring until I get more pearls in. My new lampwork beads are coming in next week, and one of the ladies at the fair just gave me a website to buy more ... sigh.

Hi Raison,
Your pieces are beautiful!! I especially love the baby pink strand. It looks great on your skin.

Your beading and knotting are improving so quickly. How long did it take you to learn to knot? Watching your progress and seeing all your pretty works make me want to bead too. Oh, if only I had more time...

I look forward to your future projects.:)

Raisondetre,

HUMMM, I think you have made enough necklaces already to wear a different one each day of the week, and with the others in your pearly wardrobe, no doubt one for each day of the month!

Will be fun to see your new lampwork beads!

OK, 30 min after midnight, I've finally finished. Gemstones are so hard to string. Nerida found a missing gemstone in between pearls (I have no idea why I didn't see it when I was stringing) so I cut apart the whole strand and now have it restrung satisfactorily.

Take a look at the thread I started about top ten stringing boo-boos. Let me know how the Power Pro holds up with the stones. :)

LOL Thanks for the tips, guys.

Well, I did one session with Nerida a couple months ago, didn't really want to start as I know I'd never want to stop. But I saw some nice pearls a month ago, and thought maybe I should start ... you just never know when I may have to restring my own. Technically I started only 10 days ago. I have had to redo 2, but only because I was overzealous with the threadzapper and zapped through one of the knots making it a single strand when I ended, and then the one I missed a gemstone. But then I am a perfectionist and I like really tight knots. Trust me, knotting isn't hard. If I can do it, anyone can.

Oh yes, with the powerpro I suspect it thins out when it goes through the gemstone, but unless it actually physically cuts through the knots I don't think it's any less secure than beading wire. I do ream every gemstone I use, usually to find bigger drillhole for the ending pearls so I can double back through them. I really can't bring myself to not knot (pun intended) for something that will go all over the floor if it breaks. I'm actually quite used to the knotted look now.

Last edited:
I did some boring strands with whatever I had left. Nothing too exciting. Two pink 9-10mm of varying peachy shades, and another lavender drop with sterling silver spacers. I hope they don't tarnish so quick.

tn_Pinkandlavender001.jpg

tn_Pinkandlavender002.jpg

tn_Pinkandlavender003.jpg

tn_Pinkandlavender004.jpg

tn_Pinkandlavender018.jpg

tn_Pinkandlavender019.jpg

I actually did take apart the two strands and match them by size and shape in pairs.

Also got 9 pairs of interesting drops for earrings which I may never make and a single weird looking one that may go in a pendant.

Did your Mom like her necklace? You won't have to do much Christmas shopping this year, with all those great necklaces and earrings!

I won't be seeing her till after Christmas ... my sister will be going home just prior so I'll have her take back some. She likes anything that's shiny ... though her tastes veer towards diamonds.

Back