eBay "Lap of Luxury LA" FAKE South Sea Pearls - Platinum Triangle Estate Jewelry

Ha! And here I was getting ready to enter a bidding war with you for them!!! They...must...be...mine!!!

What do you mean?

Wow! $12,000 for a poor quality Chinese fireball dyed strand.

I guess you really only have to sell one to make it worthwhile, lol!

Well, this was Lap of Luxury LA email to me last night.

"Dear Pattye35

Wow, it sounds like you are all a bunch of jealous haters on your little website. You obviously know nothing about FINE VINTAGE JEWELRY. It's so obvious with one of you selling that cheap "Joan Rivers" costume jewelry and another selling cheap crap on Etsy.
I'm sorry you can't afford my jewelry and you have bad taste but that is no reason to bully & threaten me.
Regarding the Pearls you are all so interested in?
they are indeed over 100 years old! Who are you to say they aren't??? They are also very "Rare". You show me a strand of this size & quality anywhere? Who are you to judge these pearls when you haven't even seen them in person. Not to worry though, they will soon be listed again with an Gemologist report. Nobody is forcing you to buy my jewelry, stop harassing me. Stop slandering my good name or I will "report you". "Feedback" does matter and mine is 100% for a reason. I'm an honest seller with impeccable merchandise. Hide behind your computer's and bully innocent people. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It figures one of you is named "Lady Disdain". DISGUSTING is right!

- lapofluxuryla"

[/QUOTE]

Here are screen shots of the listing (before it was taken down)…
Description.jpg
100 years old.jpg
Back view.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a screen shots of the listing (before it was taken down)...

And here is a photo of that $12,000, 100+ year-old South Sea Necklace that is clearly a commercial-grade, dyed Chinese fireball freshwater strand.

When you elicit a response like that, Pattye, you know you've struck a nerve. Seller busted!

View attachment 33043

Attachments

• Poor quality Chinese fireballs.jpg
    Poor quality Chinese fireballs.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 26
I ought to thank the seller personally for providing me with a great laugh :)

- Karin

Jeremy,
What do you think about her other listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/South-Sea-T...646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f7e92e56

I find it strange that the strand photos are knotted on black thread while one of the close ups is knotted on white thread.

Marianne,

Wow! Good catch! You're absolutely right. Two of the close-up shots show white thread while all the others show black thread. They definitely look like Tahitians though. The white thread looks a bit frayed so it could be a pre and post-restring.

SO~here is my response to lapofluxuryla's last email:

Dear lapofluxuryla,

You were contacted about inaccuracies in this listing to give you an opportunity to educate yourself about pearls. Your response is unfortunate. Many pearl experts, including gemologists, have commented on the pearl-guide.com post.

Sincerely,
Pattye

I always find it interesting that some people become rabidly defensive when it is pointed out that they are wrong, as opposed to graciously admitting that perhaps there is something they could learn. Pattye, you definitely should take pride in the vitriol you have unleashed!

Count me as one who is proud to be one of the *jealous haters* on this *little website*.

Wow, Pattye, you weren't kidding about the nasty email. I guess rip-off artists can't take being called out.

SO~here is my response to lapofluxuryla's last email: You were contacted about inaccuracies in this listing to give you an opportunity to educate yourself about pearls. Your response is unfortunate. Many pearl experts, including gemologists, have commented on the pearl-guide.com post.

AND another reply from lapofluxuryla:

"Dear pattye35,

This is not true. You contacted me to harass me. I read all your rude and unprofessional posts on your little forum. You are all sarcastic "no it all's. That actually have no idea what you are talking about. Mind your own business."

Seems like when a dealer falsely advertises a product, they would be thankful to receive correct information and gracefully make appropriate changes. She has obviously not researched this "little forum" either. Very sad when one is not willing to learn when afforded an opportunity.

Seems like when a dealer falsely advertises a product, they would be thankful to receive correct information and gracefully make appropriate changes. She has obviously not researched this "little forum" either. Very sad when one is not willing to learn when afforded an opportunity.

Well, that is assuming this was an honest mistake. In this case, she is annoyed to have her get-rich-quick scheme exposed.

Back