Do real men wear pearls?

LoL it is sometimes good to catch people off guard and make them laugh. Surprise laughter can change the tone of an entire day.

the wedding march ....... that's something i would do....
i embarrass everyone often

Thank you, I'm really into black spinel, its my personality. I can relate to your hubby. My favorite lounging pants are thread bare, but I still wear them...I can't think of any reason I'm attached to them though ;)

those are great.......
they look pretty manly to me
my husband would have worn them when he was a young guy (he's looking at retirement now, i'm lucky if i can get him out of his favorite ripped up sweatshirt that he SWEARS is fine)

BlackPearlDudeDC, I think both those handsome neck pieces look great on you. Can't decide which I like better ... they're both great.

Thank you, I'm really into black spinel, its my personality. I can relate to your hubby. My favorite lounging pants are thread bare, but I still wear them...I can't think of any reason I'm attached to them though ;)

today dh had to take me to the dr, i didn't pay attention, and when we were in the exam room, i realized his 'good' sweatshirt had frayed cuffs and stains.....
as soon as i can..... he WILL be getting new ones and his old ones WILL become my paint rags

and men have a very long rich history of dressing well.... in animal species men usually are more flamboyant then women-
that seems to have changed sometime around ww2

Hi!!!!!! I've not been around as much so I missed this and you! Thank you for the kind words, though I fear Im "too" different sometimes, but I like my own drum beats Lol. Btw what a Huuuuge compliment I'd blush but it would be an insincere blush ;)

BPDDC, You have the Miki guy beat hands down!! Love your style. Your two neckpieces work together so well! Black spinel is for everyone!

Your stories delight me; thank you!

You know I had those cats eye aquas and could not think what to do with them. I like black spinel. Not a huge aquamarine fan, but I really dig cats eye gems, especially natural beads that display the eye. Thank you for the sweet words!

BlackPearlDudeDC, I think both those handsome neck pieces look great on you. Can't decide which I like better ... they're both great.

Hi there JP, I can always count on you for support of my creations, thank you! I've worn them a few times together but for bit still feels a bit awkward and I've not figured out why just yet. I do know I am constantly aware of them both around me neck...individually not so much.

I agree...both are fantastic. I would definitely wear them together.

If I have one clothing vise they are Burberry Polos. I used to be a lot more "Dapper" in my look but my special needs pup makes it a dry cleaning nightmare. I'd rather look like a ragamuffin and keep my pup happy for the time I have left with her. She "dribbles and piddles a lot" on me unfortunately, suffers separation anxiety so and attached to me something fierce, though I think I'm the one that is too attached :) See how I made this about her? LOL. So I gave up the spiffy look, and diverted the clothing funds to a gem habit :) which I don't feel so alone in because I know Purr and few others are gem heads too!

I wonder what your Hubby would do? would he notice? I sometimes get cranky if I can't find my fav lounge pants etc LoL

today dh had to take me to the dr, i didn't pay attention, and when we were in the exam room, i realized his 'good' sweatshirt had frayed cuffs and stains.....
as soon as i can..... he WILL be getting new ones and his old ones WILL become my paint rags

and men have a very long rich history of dressing well.... in animal species men usually are more flamboyant then women-
that seems to have changed sometime around ww2

If I have one clothing vise they are Burberry Polos. I used to be a lot more "Dapper" in my look but my special needs pup makes it a dry cleaning nightmare. I'd rather look like a ragamuffin and keep my pup happy for the time I have left with her. She "dribbles and piddles a lot" on me unfortunately, suffers separation anxiety so and attached to me something fierce, though I think I'm the one that is too attached :) See how I made this about her? LOL. So I gave up the spiffy look, and diverted the clothing funds to a gem habit :) which I don't feel so alone in because I know Purr and few others are gem heads too!

I wonder what your Hubby would do? would he notice? I sometimes get cranky if I can't find my fav lounge pants etc LoL
he'd notice....... but if i already cut it up and he's got nice new ones..... he can get as cranky as he wants, that ship would have sailed
he's got HOLES in them ....big ones!
and i get the whole furry child thing, when i have to go to san fran (i am not sure i really want to though) i have to go with my curator not bernie as he's got to take care of the animals. i barely trust HIM taking care of them
the ducks want to be carried in and out like babies, the chickens need petting, mrs quail MUST have a daily conversation, ditto the budgie, and of course the cats need their evening or breakfast hot soupie cat food with chinese herbs
*hon i can tell you animal stories from here to the next millennium, and i love to hear other folks stories too*

Yes she you are right there! If they are already scraps not much he can do but lament what was lol. Ladies have to understand it takes us a long time to get that t-shirt or lounge pants to be perfectly "messed" up. Its a mental thing...once your are in your cozies you can relax its a little like that security blanket from childhood. No I am kidding mostly. Oh yes the pet /animal friend stories please do share...one of the reasons I love the pet thread, and I drop so many pics/stories over there. I really do enjoy the pics and stories others share in that thread, it is my favorite place on PG (sorry pearl fans).

he'd notice....... but if i already cut it up and he's got nice new ones..... he can get as cranky as he wants, that ship would have sailed
he's got HOLES in them ....big ones!
and i get the whole furry child thing, when i have to go to san fran (i am not sure i really want to though) i have to go with my curator not bernie as he's got to take care of the animals. i barely trust HIM taking care of them
the ducks want to be carried in and out like babies, the chickens need petting, mrs quail MUST have a daily conversation, ditto the budgie, and of course the cats need their evening or breakfast hot soupie cat food with chinese herbs
*hon i can tell you animal stories from here to the next millennium, and i love to hear other folks stories too*

WalterPearls.jpg

Finally ... proof! Kind of redefines wearing fine Kamoka pearls casually, doesn't it ? The pearl itself is quite large, and incredibly ... beauti .... er ... handsome ...

My nature is to be cheerful and the mild depression doesn't change that. I am very conscientious about my main job, but have neglected my pearl articles, my house and basically almost everything else. I feel exhausted, mostly from the cold. And it's making me resent my long commute.

And yet, I feel positive about steps I have taken this week to start getting things on track. I have been working furiously, but the recent work has been in an area where I have expertise and talent.

After walking through a spider web this evening, I noticed that the gardening people had let my front tree grow over the walkway. Standing at the front, the tree was literally twice as wide on one side as the other, totally lopsided. I got out my loppers and a stool and pruned the tree (and chased that lousy giant spider down the street). Little things like that are empowering.

My only ever-present difficulty is a lack of time due to long hours and a long commute. Because I have a great job and I own my house, that is a hurdle that will remain.

If all goes well, articles should start appearing on a regular basis again. I really appreciate the concern. What would I do without my pearl peeps?

I do hope you get better! I got a nasty cold when i came back to the states from Iceland, which evolved into a sinus infection with tons of coughing.... it has been 2 months and I am still fighting it. I have missed you here and hope everything gets well on your end and start seeing you here more often.

That pearl and that beard go great together. It's a good look.

I'm actually kind of glad Greg isn't interested in wearing pearls. ALL FOR ME.

But you gentlemen look fantastic in them.

Thank you all, on Walter's behalf. I asked him if he wanted to come read the nice comments and ... and ... and ... he looked at me like I was nuts, and stalked off muttering "I have to go winterize the silver house and ... and ... and ..." LOL. BWeaves, I pushed Walter on this for 3 years and he pushed back harder; but after spending 3 years talking to the guys at the ruckus, I could sense a rare opening in his mindset and I took it! I do get at least 3/4 of all closet and drawer space, and we're both happiest that way. Duck, no one around here would know that's a pearl either ... and it's amazing in person; my photos don't begin to show the luster, and rainbow pastel colors. I chose one I love just in case my little experiment backfired ... :)

Back