Men Who Wear Pearls!

I have a stand of bead nucleated freshwater pearls that i love wearing!View attachment 465029
View attachment 465030

For sure! Most pearl farmers I've met wear pearls. I used to wear these big Mabe pearl pendants ...but then a cousin of mine, a friend of mine...you know how it goes: they tell you they really love your piece and you gift it away. Ended up with no more pieces to gift away ;)
Jeremy Shepherd has some beautiful pendants and wearing necklaces is fun!

I tried a white South Sea baroque strand today too. I think it works!

View attachment 465027
absolutely does, esp against the deep blue jacket!

I drove my daughters to the local Mall last week. Since it is far from my house (45-minute drive in traffic) I decided to stay there until they were ready to head back home. Had some gelato and started "people watching"...and I noticed young men wearing pearls!
That was a first for me in Mexico. And we're NOT in Cosmopolitan Mexico City, but up north were the cowboy style still lives!
Anyway, they were both wearing short necklaces with oval-shaped white freshwater pearls.
Maybe next time I'll stop one of these youngsters and ask them if they will allow me to take a photo for the forum...sounds odd and weird, but I'll try.
Was great to see pearls taking off with men and here!

I drove my daughters to the local Mall last week. Since it is far from my house (45-minute drive in traffic) I decided to stay there until they were ready to head back home. Had some gelato and started "people watching"...and I noticed young men wearing pearls!
That was a first for me in Mexico. And we're NOT in Cosmopolitan Mexico City, but up north were the cowboy style still lives!
Anyway, they were both wearing short necklaces with oval-shaped white freshwater pearls.
Maybe next time I'll stop one of these youngsters and ask them if they will allow me to take a photo for the forum...sounds odd and weird, but I'll try.
Was great to see pearls taking off with men and here!

That is amazing Douglas! I'm sure you won't have a problem getting someone to pose for a picture with you if they know its for a PEARL forum...just tell them what this forum is all about. I'm sure they will be very curious and maybe even inspired. It will be amazing!

I just came across this article written by GemGeek eight years ago when the trend was starting!

I just came across this article written by GemGeek eight years ago when the trend was starting!

Great Article!! Really enjoyed it.

Douglas, next time you go to the mall, make sure you're wearing pearls, too, so it doesn't seem weird when you ask them for a photo.
I need some pearl jewelry! I have lots of pearls...and no jewelry! My wife does, of course.
But I do need a piece of jewelry. After my operation I'll see if I can invest in a new pendant. If my friend Carlos Cabral was still alive I would definitively have one already.

Douglas, you could wear one of your wife's strands, surely?
We sold her Cortez pearl strand some years ago. Had to. She doesn't have one...pendants, rings, earrings...not one strand. I know. Shameful.

Here is a photo of my hairdresser in his "halfsies" necklace. He loves it!
IMG_0998[1].JPG
IMG_1009[1].JPG

Back