Bluesea's Pearl Designs

bluesea

Friends

I am uploading the images of the first pearl necklace from my workshop along with ear tops, in two different background. The design is based on the Indian ethnic style. The metal parts of pendents and ear tops are made of gold plated silver with zircon studded in them.

The pearl are fresh water pearl with pinkish tint. But they look more yellowish or white in the photographs:confused:. I am not very good at photography:eek:. Any suggestion will highly be appreciated in this area.

Bluesea

Attachments

• Single_Strand_pearl_AD.jpg
    Single_Strand_pearl_AD.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Single_Strand_pearl_AD2.jpg
    Single_Strand_pearl_AD2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 38
Dear Bluesea,

They're absolutely lovely! Your top photo really works, as well. The tints on the pearls came through on my monitor as a gentle blush, which seems to match your description.

I love that the earrings have pearls on the lobe, as well as the dangle. Pretty teardrop, too.

Is the necklace finished yet, with a clasp? Did you get the findings locally, or via supply house?

Are we allowed to ask where you acquired the pearls and findings on this thread? I'm not sure of the rules.

Brilliant work, and great set.
Is this your own design and how much work have you done - was the metalwork done elsewhere and bought in? (gold on silver is called vermeil, by the way)
Are these indian pearls or chinese?
Are the pearls knotted onto silk?
lots of questions, sorry, but that set would be great down a red carpet

Bluesea,

lovely pieces, especially the earrings as I also adore pearls in the stud and dangles combined.

Friends

I am uploading the images of the first pearl necklace from my workshop along with ear tops, in two different background. The design is based on the Indian ethnic style. The metal parts of pendents and ear tops are made of gold plated silver with zircon studded in them.

The pearl are fresh water pearl with pinkish tint. But they look more yellowish or white in the photographs:confused:. I am not very good at photography:eek:. Any suggestion will highly be appreciated in this area.

Bluesea

Hi Bluesea
Are you saying you manufactured them? We call "ear tops" earrings

Is this one of a kind? The drop pearl especially would be hard to duplicate.

Personally, I am very fond of Indian jewelry. This size is more to my taste - they're just right. And using vermeil (gold over silver) will make them more affordable. Great job! ;)

Thank u friends. I am overwhelmed. :):):)

Now in reply to your questions. I would like to add:

The pearl are Chinese pearl.

the size of main strand pearl= 6.1mmX6.5mm
the size of button pearls in the ear top rings= 9.5-10mm
the size of tear drop = 8mm

the string is nylon bcoz thats more predominant in this part of India.

The design is done by me. the metal parts are made at my family goldsmith workshop. however the gold plating is done in another installation.

Yes, the set is ready and on display now. catlin is correct that similar teardrop will be very hard to procure. And Gemsgeek is right, Gold-plated on silver made the set more affordable- exactly what I intended.

Thanks again,
:)
bluesea.

Hi Bluesea:

This is a very beautiful and elegant design. Do you intend to expand this design to other colors and types of pearls? I think that it would be really lovely with so many different types and colors.

Look forward to seeing more of your designs.

Bluesea

Thanks for explaining how you put your pearl set together. It is fantastic. Please keep posting your designs!

Thanks again. :):)

I am now working with a set of peacock pearl as pure black pearl would be too expensive to afford by general class. I will post its image when its ready.

By the way, the above set is sold @ INR. 5500/- which is roughly $115/- :D

I am happy but there is a feeling of melancholy also. I have been disassociated from my first creation :(

bluesea

Last edited:
Extending true sympathy, but many congratulations!

Bluesea's Pearl Designs

Dear friends,

Happy b'lated new year:eek:. I was busy in business promotion and couldn't post for long:).

Anyways the attached two photographs of necklace sets are for your review.

Details of The 1st Set:
  • Origin : Chinese Peacock Pearl
  • Size: 4 mm X 4.3 mm
  • Metal Part is Silver studded with Zircon
  • String is Nylon
  • Clasp: GS
  • The black middle portion of Pendent and both ear tops are deep black glass.
  • Design: Based on Indian Ethnic Style

Details of the 2nd Set:
  • Origin : Chinese Pearl
  • Size: 4 mm X 4.2 mm
  • Metal Part is Vermili studded with Zircon and Spinel(Red Stones)
  • String is Nylon
  • Clasp: GS
  • Design: Based on Indian Ethnic Style

Attachments

• black_pearl_set.jpg
    black_pearl_set.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 46
  • white_set.jpg
    white_set.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Those are gorgeous!

My thoughts exactly, Pattye :).

Bluesea, where do you get the "metal" pieces from? Or do you make them /let them made?

Maria

Nice Bluesea! I would like to see your designs all in the same thread. If you have time, put them in an album in your profile area too.

Last edited:
Back