Applying For Membership-----

Love those pearls! Great job and great example of the one big 2 keshi pattern. oo0oo0oo0oo So classic, but the pearls are totally unique. Good job, both of you!

Green Chrysocolla from Israel

Green Chrysocolla from Israel

A few days ago I received a lovely strand of chrysocolla from our forum member, Nora. It's the only gemstone Israel used to mine. Every bead is a different combination of gorgeous colors! It is known as the "Peace Stone."

I let the beads lay around for a few days as I played with various combinations of accent beads, but finally settled on these metallic steely-purple (natural color) CFWP 5x7mm. Most of them have strong green overtones, and seem to change color in certain light. The chrysocolla is 10mm. The necklace is about 43 inches long, so it can be doubled also. Am looking forward to wearing this in public!

Thank you so much, Nora, for my new treasure!

IMGP3448_resize.jpgIMGP3451_resize.jpgIMGP3452_resize.jpg

Last edited:
That is really wonderful!!!! Something a Roman matron could have worn! They are so dressy and a bit ethnic too. Love'm!!

Pattye, beautiful design. I'm entranced by what you did with the stones. I'm happy the stones found a perfect home, wear them in good health.

Caitlin, a very discerning eye.

Wow Pattye - what beautiful designs! I love the colors and those little sparks of gold in the findings. Very wearable and distinguished.

Thanks for sharing your necklace - it's just amazing. I'm feeling some pangs.... :)

Pattye,

I love your newest designs! They are fabulous!

Wooo Hoooo, go Pattye! LOVE purple & green together, and I think the Etruscan-looking gold spacers give the sense of history and gravitas to which Caitlin referred. Thanks for posting your pics.

Hi Pattye - been tied up at a trade fair and missed seeing these gorgeous new pieces! Stunning!!

Tourmaline from Afghanistan and pearls

Tourmaline from Afghanistan and pearls

Pattye's beautiful chrysocolla creation with Wendy's pearls got me thinking when my latest batch of gemstones arrived from my Jaipur dealer this week.

The pastel hues of this batch of gem-grade tourmaline from Afghanistan are in stark contrast to the rich intense colours of the more common (albeit still stunning) tourmalines from Nigeria and Brazil. And to make up for the few indicolite blues in the Afghani tourmaline, I wove in some Santa Maria saturated acquamarine blues in as well.

I shortlisted 3 pairs of possible focals, including a lavender-dove-grey pair and a metalic cream-gold pair, but the white flameballs won in the end.

And here they are with the Asian rhodendron from the garden; the monsoon rains have brought these into bloom too.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 40
Pattye, beautiful pearls and stones and great work. Love what you did with Wendy's pearls and I must get some more for myself.

Nora, do you have a site where I could buy some Chrysocolla. I have a few but not any nice big ones such as these. Thanks.

Wendy, do you have any for sale? I will look up your site. Beautiful pearls.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Back