First strand from scratch - what I learned today

Absolutely beautiful pearls and congratulations on your knotting! I just started with a much shorter strand and really uneven knots, yours looks quite professional! I know what you mean about your bank account...pearls are so addictive and thereare always good excuses around to treat oneself :)

Ohhhh very nice!!! Like that length myself. Dangling earrings are cute with the little knobs on top or whatever they are called.

One project down, how many more to go? ;) Great job on the restringing, although the original looked pretty good too! I will be patiently waiting to see the tin cup creation next! ;)

Cicalady, congrats on your first knotting piece! You did an outstanding job and they look lovely on you! I love love love those circled Ts -- just beautiful! ...you are correct, it's a slippery slope!

Those are beautiful! The colors that pop out in circled tahitians are just amazing, and your necklace is just gorgeous :)

Congratulations! Looks amazing!

I am shocked at the good quality of pearls you got from Etsy. Except from a Custom Jeweler (not even a pearl supplier), the pearls I bought on Etsy were not exceptionally lustrous. I wonder what was the grading of pearls you bought form The Pearl House?

AAA :). My practice is always to spring for the highest quality available - even with more mundane goods than pearls.

With Pearl House I would say go for AAA ... but if you wanted to do , say a stretchy bracelet then you could happily do AA+ .. or to keep costs down , as the big companies do ..combine AAA and AA+ ..put AAA at the front and AA+ towards the back.

Jacques has lovely pearls ...look at the photos carefully to see the number of flaws in each grade.

Back