Applying For Membership-----

P

pattye

Here are some photos which will help me officially qualify for membership here--as indicated before, I have not started knotting yet.

Baroque pearls with Hill tribe silver "washers" pink and gold Oregon sunstone
beaders club membership (2)_resize.JPG

coin pearl with green tourmaline and pearls

beaders club membership (3)_resize.JPG

11mm star pendants on sterling chain with pink Oregon sunstone

beaders club membership_resize.JPG

wait! There is more--------

continued-----

white drop pearls with pink tourmaline and multi color pearls with golden sunstone spacers

beaders club membership (4)_resize.JPG

stick pearl pendants, Murano glass stars with white pearls, smoky quartz with multi color dyed pearl spacers.

beaders club membership (5)_resize.JPG

Thanks for looking! I am trying to wean myself from overuse of crimps--the urge to put 2 on each end except for the heaviest necklaces. Love the Oregon sunstone with pearls--recently got more to experiment with!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I don't think knotting is a prerequisite for admission. Just the desire to have some fun! Pattye, they are gorgeous! I love the star pearls. Where have these been all my life? Tourmaline! Drool! I love it.

Re: multi crimps: rather than doubling up with crimps at the end, you might try using crimps in the design and placing them throughout the strand then covering them with a design or crimp bead cover. If the strand breaks, you will only have a few beads to pick up and not the whole strand.

The pearls with sunstone are fabulous (but then I am a sucker for sparkles). They're all quite lovely, Pattye - very nice job!!

Leave it to Pattye to make a fabulous entrance! They're terrific. We expect to see more very soon.

(It must be a little much for Knotty Panda to see so many star pearls all on the same day!;) )

Cheers,
Blaire

I love the stars ... one of these days I'm going to start beading ...

HI Pattye
You are a born designer! Those hardly qualify as lowly beads- thy're more like fine jewelry!

I like to use wire too and have done many necklaces with wire- I often double crimp at the ends too- like the ones in my show me your pearls thread. I especially like wire for bracelets.

You are going to go nuts at the gem shows!!!

Thanks, Everyone, for the encouragement and kind comments!

Pattye

Lovely, Pattye,
Just lovely.
And I do think "Lowly" Beaders is a mis-nomer.
From what I've seen, there is nothing at all lowly about the pieces or the workmanship of all you beaders.
How about "Esteemed Beaders" which would seem much more suitable. :)

Pattye,

I agree with the other members, beautiful designs, I like the "stars" very much.:)

Wow Pattye, great designs. So diverse, I really like smokey quartz with the pearl spacers. They look very fashion forward. All of the necklaces are strung on wire?

Thanks Ingykiz,
Yes, all on wire with "tornado" crimps! My nicest pearls are still in the stash, waiting for me to learn to knot.......:eek: But I will learn, with a little help from Caitlin:D during my time at the Tucson Gem Show......

Pattye

Here's a few more of my creations and the explanations-----

I went crazy for these old coral beads, natural color and fun I think with fw pearl spacers---this was just about the first thing I made.
pearl and antique coral set.jpg

Here are some big organic aquamarine with pearl spacers----

aquamarine and pearl resize.jpg

Here are some bronzy bead-nucleated fw with matching keishi spacers---there are some very opal-like colors which don't show up well, antique gold vermeil spacers----

bronze baroque strand bead nucleated fw.jpg

More to come, but I have to get them from my camera card to here--no small feat for me!!! ;)

Pattye,
Your jewelry is beautiful. I just love the smoky quartz necklace and bronzy bead-nucleated fw necklace. They are very distinctive.

Looking at everyone's lovely creations makes me want to bead so bad! I actually have some gemstone beads (various colored tourmaline and ruby) that I rashly bought at an Intergem Show couple of years ago. I bought them because they were so pretty, but I don't know what to do with them.:confused:

Hi Pattye,

I hadn't seen your previous photos - they are all gorgeous! I love the pieces you have made using pearls as the spacers - particularly the aquamarines - but the bead nuc FW piece just blows me away - fantastic! I am inspired by you making such lovely pearly things without knotting - learning to knot scares the life out of me!

Congratulations on beautiful work!

Pattye,

Looking at everyone's lovely creations makes me want to bead so bad! I actually have some gemstone beads (various colored tourmaline and ruby) that I rashly bought at an Intergem Show couple of years ago. I bought them because they were so pretty, but I don't know what to do with them.:confused:

That is exactly how I started! I bought watermelon tourmaline slice beads at an Intergem show because I could not find a bracelet that matched my pendant, earrings and ring-- then I had no option but to learn how to bead. The rest is history. You will learn too. :D

Here's a few more:
These pearls are mostly silvery-lavender in color. I used small ssilver stardust rondelles, and just happened to find matte finish hoops for earrings. The center pearl is about 14mm. Not bead nucleated.
silver pearl set.jpg

Awhile ago, I recall over a year, I bought some very blemished pearls on ebay about $6 per strand, they had to be picked over, but had amazing lustre. The center pearl is about 12mmx14mm, and was the only large one like this. Sunstone is golden color, not faceted, vermeil spacers.
funky pearl and sunstone rondelle.jpg

Here are some of the smaller (about 10mm) funky pearls, with golden sunstone rondelles and saucer spacers in 14k gold filled. ropes are about 40 inches long.

funky pearl and sunstone rope.jpg

Here is another variation with small 2mm 18k white gold filled round spacers, nice fw keishi, and faceted round sunstone.

keishi and faceted pink sunstone.jpg

Here are some high quality coin pearls, pretty large, and nice pink sunstone with some schiller, but don't know if it will show up in the photo.

triple coin and pink faceted sunstone.jpg

You might be able to see my small triangular "logo" bead about 3-4mm--it has an eye on each of 3 sides--as in "an EYEFUL of pearls and gemstones"----sometimes it is on the end of the extender, sometimes near the clasp. As you not-yet beaders can see, a lot can be done with wire and tornado crimps!!!! I plan to soon be knotting--making more things possible----thanks for looking!!

Pattye

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. This is Oregon sunstone, mined right here in eastern Oregon--and a fabulous, rather expensive gemstone!

Pattye

Back