A new super necklace of 20 - 28 mm. pearls

Very badly written piece - are they selling it in Qatar or presenting it to royal family in the phillipines?
(and if that is a photo of the necklace they don't look like 25mm pearls)
but, pheweeeeeeeeeee if it is anything half decent

I agree that it is badly written. The photo looks like a stock of pearls and not the "super necklace".
Yvel is usualy very reliable, but they may not be the source of the information.

Last edited:
Thanks Nora. That must be some necklace. And Pearl Dreams, that was a great little article. :)

Attachments

• 993010_548618605195594_1073065505_n.jpg
    993010_548618605195594_1073065505_n.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Caitlin, can you please remove the duplicate photo?

Oh my goodness! That is one dreamy strand! Thanks for sharing :cool:

hmmmm. they're certainly big, but you have to wonder how it would look on. I'm not as in awe as I thought I would be.

Absolutely agree with you LitGeek. That is one dreamy strand.......

Last edited:
That strand is amazing.... I would NOT want to be the person who has to drill it.... Sometimes on those huge pearls the nucleus will become dislodged and rattle around inside making stringing an absolute nightmare... Not to mention the smell that those gorgeous pearls are probably hiding inside.
I'd much rather be the recipient... When it's all ready made up!
Very pretty

That strand is amazing.... I would NOT want to be the person who has to drill it.... Sometimes on those huge pearls the nucleus will become dislodged and rattle around inside making stringing an absolute nightmare... Not to mention the smell that those gorgeous pearls are probably hiding inside.
I'd much rather be the recipient... When it's all ready made up!
Very pretty

Sarah, I completely agree with you, stinky and difficult to string, lol! BUT a gorgeous necklace!

Those pearls are so big that if we did not know the size, I would think the piece a bracelet!

OK Nora, let's see how it goes.... That's funny, when I scrolled down the first time there were two photos but when I went back up, it was gone. Looks like GG fixed it. Oh no, it's back again, let me take a look. So strange..... OK got it. The link you gave was the second picture, so I left the link and took down the one that went up as an attachment. It looks OK from this computer. Hope it is!

Last edited:
Pattye I think it would look like a Wilma Flinstone strand and be totally amazing on!

The picture is deceiving if one doesn't know the size of the pearls. Quite pretty but the size ruins it. If the necklace is made up of round pearls, it would even seem more cartoonish. Surely it isn't comfortable wearing it either. What kind of pearl is this that comes from "huge shells in the ocean"? It does look like South Sea.

In an interview on TV Orna and Isaac Levy of Yvel claimed the pearls are natural, and were collected during many years from auctions and pearl farmers. They also said that importing pearls to Bahrain is forbidden and that they obtained special permission and an invitation to show this strand of pearls. - Strange.....
Also, in the interview the necklace was shown drilled and knotted with a very fancy clasp.

Naturals - that makes perfect sense. I wish there were a better, larger photo. It puts me in mind of Steve's fabulous natural necklace that he bought for Almudena. :)

Back