Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Three layers of black pearl bracelets for me today. I find I wear these bracelets almost everyday. I really love seeing my pearls. I might stop at three though, they are quite heavy together. Ok, maybe four :) ,i can always have two on each wrist.

Layered Tahitian pearl bracelets

Wow! Look at the color and shine on the ring and the bracelets. Just wow. My pearls today look positively dull in comparison, and mine actually do have a gorgeous luster in real life.

Today I'm wearing my coin pearl necklace and my new Kojima teardrops.

coin pearl necklace and my new Kojima teardrops

Y'all need to STOP!!! You're making me feel like I don't have enough pretty pearls in my collection and need to buy more! But honestly, I love seeing the different variations and how everyone mix and matches their pearls. I'm such a bland pearl wearer in comparison so it is good to be inspired to do more, wear more!

ckrickett -- you look so elegant in that last shot! I love the combination of neck full of Tahitians and GSS studs.

ckrickett -- you look so elegant in that last shot! I love the combination of neck full of Tahitians and GSS studs.

I agree -- I love the Tahitian triple and the golden studs!

I love all the gorgeous pearls being posted. I am too far behind to comment on them all.

I am really digging the Gellner-style pearl and gemstone rondelle necklaces Purranha, Kelluv and Red made. Purranha, the multiple necklaces layered together are just fantastic. I have a peacock baroque strand from the PP Tahitian sale that is just waiting for me to find the right gemstone beads to create my own "Big Bang." If I manage to pull that off, I would love to get some of Jac's blues for another necklace.

My natural white Hanadama rope from PP and my Mikimoto white gold huggies.

natural white Hanadama rope from PP

IMG_2263.jpg

Mikimoto earrings

(Holy crap. I've never seen the inside of my ears before. Trust me, that's not earwax. I just Murined my ears yesterday. I promise to crop my photos better in the future.)

I liked the earrings so much I got them in yellow gold, too, but those seem to match my pinked pearls better. The white gold ones seem to match my natural white pearls better. Something to think about if you decide to order from the Mikimoto website. The color of their pearls differs depending on the color of their clasp.

Here's the white gold version on the left and the yellow gold version on the right.
Below is my natural white Hanadamas and my late Aunt Love's pinked Blue Lagoons. They look white in real life.

Pearl Paradise natural white Hanadamas and pinked Blue Lagoons

The design of the hoop part is such that it makes my hole appear higher, and I like that.
They are also much lighter to wear than my new drops.

Last edited:
Beautiful, BWeaves! How big are the pearls in your Miki huggies? Is the difference in weight due to a difference in size?

When it starts getting chilly, it's pearl season for me. I live in Florida, and pearls are very warm on the neck, so it has to get cool before I can bear to layer them up.

Today it was 3 strands of my oldest akoya pearls, all different sizes and lengths but all the same color (pinked white). And my ruby heart drop earrings.

IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0058.jpg

The rope has 32 inches of 6mm akoyas. My very first pearl purchase 30 years ago.

The princess is 18 inches of 7 mm akoyas. This is my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand that I posted with the Mikimoto huggies.

The choker is 16 inches of 8 mm akoyas. My second pearl purchase about 20 years ago.

I was blissfully happy with them until I discovered you lot, and now I'm lusting after so many different kinds of pearls, it's disgusting. In a good way.

P.S. I'm throwing that foundation away. It looked fine in my bathroom mirror, but looks terrible in that photo. Why did nobody tell me?

P.P.S. I think my earlobes have gotten bigger. The ruby heart drops used to be more dangly when I was younger. My sister-in-law says, "You don't get fatter when you get older, you get thicker." I think she's right. My earrings seem to be tighter than they used to be.

Last edited:
BWeaves you crack me up with your side comments (ears, makeup). I hope you come to the ruckus next summer. You'll fit right in. Plus I love your pearls :)

Back