• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

When it starts getting chilly, it's pearl season for me. I live in Florida, and pearls are very warm on the neck, so it has to get cool before I can bear to layer them up.

Today it was 3 strands of my oldest akoya pearls, all different sizes and lengths but all the same color (pinked white). And my ruby heart drop earrings.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

The rope has 32 inches of 6mm akoyas. My very first pearl purchase 30 years ago.

The princess is 18 inches of 7 mm akoyas. This is my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand that I posted with the Mikimoto huggies.

The choker is 16 inches of 8 mm akoyas. My second pearl purchase about 20 years ago.

I was blissfully happy with them until I discovered you lot, and now I'm lusting after so many different kinds of pearls, it's disgusting. In a good way.

P.S. I'm throwing that foundation away. It looked fine in my bathroom mirror, but looks terrible in that photo. Why did nobody tell me?

P.P.S. I think my earlobes have gotten bigger. The ruby heart drops used to be more dangly when I was younger. My sister-in-law says, "You don't get fatter when you get older, you get thicker." I think she's right. My earrings seem to be tighter than they used to be.

Last edited:

newberry

BWeaves you crack me up with your side comments (ears, makeup). I hope you come to the ruckus next summer. You'll fit right in. Plus I love your pearls :)

Tucs

Haha, I think we are all self-conscious when we post our shots, but remember, folks here are really going for your pearls, the rest is accessory :)

I like the Miki earrings and I am surprised they're only 6.5mm! They looked bigger to me, until of course you put them next to those nice, fat juicy drops!

CathyKeshi

Too funny, BWeaves :) Your akoyas (and you) look lovely ... the ruby heart earrings are so elegant!

BWeaves

Mikimoto has a South Sea version of the huggie earring, but it's huge. I wish they had something between the 6.5 mm akoyas and the 11 mm SS version, because the SS version just looks too big to me. I would have loved this earring in an 8mm size.

And I'd really love to come to the Ruckus next year. How does it work? How much does it cost? Where do you stay?

BWeaves

Dog collar and Kojima teardrops. I feel like a princess today.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Hum, haircut tomorrow.

BWeaves

I took the photo with my phone so it was fairly easy, but it did take a couple of tries to find the right position to hold the phone. To be able to instantly see the results helped a lot.

Tucs

Beautiful tornado, ckrickett!
And here's my new Shell Fiji pendant, with a blister pearl.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0

BWeaves

It's Halloweeneen (sic) and I wanted to be comfortable at work, so I came as an episode of Doctor Who. In particular, the one with Van Gogh's Starry Night painting with the exploding TARDIS. I have a TARDIS pin that I pinned to my Starry Night blouse. Lazy costume, but I had to work in it all day.

Also, my Kojima blue grey drops threaded on my white and yellow gold cable necklaces. I thought I'd give my earlobes a break.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Last edited: