Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Everyone's looking wonderful in their pearls this week!

Kelluvpearls, that blue tourmaline and "blues" Tahitian necklace is divine!!!

Metallics

FWmetallics.jpg

hi everyone! i haven?t been posting much at all but still love looking at everyone's beautiful pearls when i can :) today i'm wearing my lavender metallic pearl pendant. i've been reaching for pendants a lot lately and love the metallic sheen it has!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the metallics! funky_pearl -- it looks like a glossy bosc pear!

thanks ckrickett and bas, you know it does kinda look like a little metallic pear now that you mention it, lol!

Thank you BWeaves, JP, Ckrickett, Pattye, Tucs, Purranha and Cathy!
Ckrickett, you'll love the blue mix from Jac, I had a look at his listing he only has 9 and 10mm available now, hopefully he can restock with more blues!
Purranha and Pattye I used softgflex fine gauge wire. It is usually ok for most gem beads but these ones have tiny tiny drill holes. It is supposed to be a present but I'm afraid it might be too short even with the extender chain, I might have to make her something else instead.
Tucs, funky_pearl, Pearl Dreams and Red love your SUYPIA photos.

... I used softgflex fine gauge wire. It is usually ok for most gem beads but these ones have tiny tiny drill holes. It is supposed to be a present but I'm afraid it might be too short even with the extender chain, I might have to make her something else instead.

Soft Flex fine gauge wire is 0.014 inch diameter-- is this what you used? Because there is a thinner wire.

Soft Touch
(by Softflex) very fine gauge wire is 0.010 inch diameter-- I used this in some beads with teeney tiny drill holes, and it was very flexible, and strong enough.

Yesterday I wore my green Rikitea Tahitian drop rope from last year's August sale at Pearl Paradise. Today, I wore my new Tahitian and tourmaline rope. Tahitians from PP, tourmaline from T Lee, and design and stringing by yours truly.

Pearl Paradise Tahitians

Tahitians from PP, tourmaline from T Lee

Soft Flex fine gauge wire is 0.014 inch diameter-- is this what you used? Because there is a thinner wire.

Soft Touch
(by Softflex) very fine gauge wire is 0.010 inch diameter-- I used this in some beads with teeney tiny drill holes, and it was very flexible, and strong enough.

Yes I used the 0.014 inch version, I'll purchase the thinner thread and give it a go, thanks for tip PearlDreams!

kelluvpearls,
Be aware that you might need smaller crimp beads for the thinner gauge wire. Test your crimp beads with a bit of the thinner wire before stringing the actual necklace.

And I have a Rio Grande account ... THANKS ... you are all awesome!

Red, both ropes are beautiful on you, but my favorite is your own design ... just turned out fabulous!!!

i LOVE that Tahitian rope red! today i'm wearing a white ss drop with some of my charms on a longer chain :)

Today it was one pretty pearl. Lavender Edison pearl pictured here in the morning sunlight. The luster on this pearl is truly amazing.

Lavender Edison pearl Ring
Lavender Edison pearl ring side view

Thank you for your kind comments on my Tahitian ropes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back