French Polynesia, New Zealand, and Australia...

Has it been really 2 years since this?? Where has the time gone? I wore my favorite souvenier from that trip today! It certainly was a trip of a lifetime.

yep, it certainly has been a Pearly year as well. ;)

Ouch Blaire, you were so lucky to take the trip. Wonderful pics, what an experience! Such a dream vacation. I have no idea how deep your pockets are, but the 8000 was well spent.
I just love your Paua ring!! Would like to have one of my own ;)

Maria

Ouch Blaire, you were so lucky to take the trip. Wonderful pics, what an experience! Such a dream vacation. I have no idea how deep your pockets are, but the 8000 was well spent.
I just love your Paua ring!! Would like to have one of my own ;)

Maria

Ouch - yes, I'm still pinching myself to be sure it's true! The opportunity justified raiding my retirement savings. And I am wearing the ring today.

Not just lucky to go on the trip, but it brought me a lot closer to all the PG people as I had been lurking for almost a year before I went. Of course, there were some souveneirs I'd rather not have -- I still have marks on my ankles from the killer mosquitoes in French Polynesia! ;)

It is only money. You will have new pension savings when the time is right.
With the experience, knowledge and the connections you've got by now, you could do something (business) in the "field of pearls" if you like. ;)
I bet, the "mosquito souvenirs" are the only not nice part from the trip. :)

With the experience, knowledge and the connections you've got by now, you could do something (business) in the "field of pearls" if you like. ;)

mm, GemGeek, it seems I am not the only one encouraging you in this direction!!

So, has Jeremy decided to do a guided tour to China? How can we encourage him? Actually, I would go anywhere there was a good pearl story. Mosquitoes are ok, but crocs are dastardly!

Originally Posted by Chameleon
With the experience, knowledge and the connections you've got by now, you could do something (business) in the "field of pearls" if you like.
wink.gif

Blaire is well-started. She is learning how to be an appraiser and also getting the GIA gemology certicate. Did you know she gave a talk on pearls to the GIA this summer? She down-played it, but that is really quite something. Can you tell I am a cheerleader for her? But obviously not the only one!

Hey! I am totally impressed. I have always been so fascinated with Blair/GemGeek's knowledge of the exotics, much less the whole realm of pearls. My aspiration.

Okay, I promised LisaC that I would post a photo of my swollen & bitten ankles. It had been about eight days at that point from the bites and not long after 64 hours without being able to lie down - hence the swollen ankles. The trip did have its issues, but they fade in the memory of all the fun we had. Really. I distinctly remember making everyone laugh at 4:30 in the morning at the NZ airport...

They don't look as bad as I remember, but the two marks on the left are still visible. ;)

bites.jpg

wink.gif

Blaire is well-started. She is learning how to be an appraiser and also getting the GIA gemology certicate. Did you know she gave a talk on pearls to the GIA this summer? She down-played it, but that is really quite something. Can you tell I am a cheerleader for her? But obviously not the only one!

Yes, I know about Blaire taking GIA courses to get the certificate and about the talk at GIA event :cool:. It shows a very serious interest in the field, indeed.
I can see you are cheerleading for her :). ... yet, honestly, I feel she does not even need cheerleading, she is shiny on her own.

It is not any of my business :eek:, I was just hoping, Blaire, you have some "practical plans" for the future ;)... with all the premisses (prerequisites) you've got...

Maria

Thanks! What can I say? I need to knuckle down and finish my studies so I can get on with things! ;)

Of course she doesn't need praise, but I bet she likes it! Sorry, that is just one of my proclivities. Maybe cheerleading is not the right word. I didn't add that just for you but for people who come after who don't know that. Unless someone else comes forward, she will be the first appraiser enrolled here.

I like to cheer lead people's efforts; the people who learn how to knot. The ones who design. the ones who sell enough of their designs to go into business. The ones who study courses. I am not shining them up, but praising/acknowledging their efforts and results- I love all the pearlpix, but I love the accomplishments of folks on our board, even more. Esp. when they got the idea to do it from something on this forum!

Like rain on a parched plant, the people here dispense affection, and I love it! ;)

FYI - we are still in Jeremy's thread

Back