Who is attending the Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2016, July 29, 30, 31???

Wahhh... I can't commit at the moment. Daughter is scheduled to graduate in June and move back home, and work in another city (about an hour commute). Not sure who will care for my puppies if hubby is in China (which he can't confirm yet). I may have to join you all online. It sounds like such fun and such a very nice thing for Jeremy and Hisano to do every year.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Already sent a msg to Hisano! Thank you so much for hosting this event! Can't wait!!

Thank you Hisano and Jeremy for hosting this annual event. We regrettably won't be able to attend due to pending Boston business trip (and side trip to NY for Les Miserables, yay).

Thank you Hisano and Jeremy for hosting this annual event. We regrettably won't be able to attend due to pending Boston business trip (and side trip to NY for Les Miserables, yay).

Nooooooo, such a shame, as I was looking forward to meet you and your hubby! Enjoy your trip to NY.

DK :(

There's a fancy dress party? I've never been to a Ruckus. What do I need to bring? I can only fit so much in a carry on suitcase.

Oh, we change our entire outfits every hour. Including shoes and bags. I generally bring 5+ pieces of luggage to accommodate all the shoe/dress/bag changes. Men wear tuxes. Especially the pearl farmers. It's their time to finally get out of their shorts and flip flops.

Good you asked! Think super fancy ball. Presidential reception. Royal court. That kind of thing...

I believe this year's theme is ball gowns. So that'll be a piece of luggage in and of itself.

Oh, we change our entire outfits every hour. Including shoes and bags. I generally bring 5+ pieces of luggage to accommodate all the shoe/dress/bag changes. Men wear tuxes. Especially the pearl farmers. It's their time to finally get out of their shorts and flip flops.

Good you asked! Think super fancy ball. Presidential reception. Royal court. That kind of thing...

I believe this year's theme is ball gowns. So that'll be a piece of luggage in and of itself.

You're so mean, lol ;)

You know, if I lived closer, I'd so do it.

But darling hubby wants to do some traveling after Ruckus (or maybe before it) and I don't think I'll have room to pack one.

It's our 30th anniversary this year (don't make a fuss) and he's always wanted to see California and the wine country and the redwoods. I don't think pearls in Hollywood was exactly what he had in mind, so we'll do what he wants separately but on the same trip. 30th anniversary is pearl, so yay Ruckus!

Jeremy and Hisano, Thank you so much for putting this on and letting us come to it.

Sheri, we will MISS you ... I do hope you have a great trip to Africa!

Not bringing a ball gown, or two, however, I shall bring my Therm-a-rest Luxury Map XL in case I need to sleep in the cellar, as in Blaire's walk-in wardrobe!

DK :D

BTW, on the topic of what to bring, I have seen in previous Ruckus threads that people bring a lot of pearls with them.

I think vendors are probably more used to traveling with pearls and have some sort of umbrella insurance on the goods.

But for us non-vendor participants, I'm torn between bringing lots of pearls vs just a handful due to potential incidences (not so much how to pack them properly, but more so due to possible theft, etc). Interestingly PS just had a thread about whether if people would bring their jewelries on trips.

Anyhow, I would love to have some inputs, thanks in advance!

BTW, on the topic of what to bring, I have seen in previous Ruckus threads that people bring a lot of pearls with them.

I think vendors are probably more used to traveling with pearls and have some sort of umbrella insurance on the goods.

But for us non-vendor participants, I'm torn between bringing lots of pearls vs just a handful due to potential incidences (not so much how to pack them properly, but more so due to possible theft, etc). Interestingly PS just had a thread about whether if people would bring their jewelries on trips.

Anyhow, I would love to have some inputs, thanks in advance!

If you are going straight to the ruckus and returning home right after you should be OK. Put everything in your carry-on bag (DO NOT check them in at the airport). If you plan to stay in CA before or after the ruckus there may be a problem of storing them in your hotel. Some people do not trust the in-room safe. Safe is not large enough for your pearls LOL.

In 2014 we arrived early and went outlet shopping prior to the Friday evening event. What a hassle that was. I had to carry my pearls in a tote bag for a few hours at the outlet. :(

I'm afraid I'm not bringing a lot of jewelry. I'll probably just bring what I can wear comfortably on the plane. Besides. I might buy something, cough cough, while I'm there. So put in your vote for what you want to see, because I only have one neck and it has a weight limit.

Don't bring too much to the ruckus just plan on bringing a lot more back with you. I am really envious! Why I live so far away...

Aw, you guys are so sweet. I really will miss seeing my buddies this year, and meeting those I haven't had the pleasure to see before. You are all in for a treat - I'll certainly be thinking of you from afar.

Next year. Ballgowns AND tiaras.

I'm afraid I'm not bringing a lot of jewelry. I'll probably just bring what I can wear comfortably on the plane. Besides. I might buy something, cough cough, while I'm there. So put in your vote for what you want to see, because I only have one neck and it has a weight limit.

People tend to bring as much as they can so we can ogle each other's pieces and see them in real life, rather than pictures. I brought almost all my pearls the first year. Less last year. But it's a very personal choice. Since I fly, I only bring as much as I can comfortably carry in a bag with me.

You have to do what feels right for you.

I'm not one to change clothes or shoes -- despite my joke above. Some women do change their outfits throughout the day. I will change my pearls, though.

The whole event is casual (shorts and flip flops always present) and comfortable and enormously fun from start to finish.

Think huge adult pearl slumber party. Plus caviar and champagne on Saturday!

BAS I would LOVE to see your new baby pistachio tin-cup. The color looked so intense and the shape so organic, very curious to see them in person. Also your Super Souffle Strand (SSS lol) PLEASE! And Metallic Triple. I'll have to go back to scrub through your thread to see what else I need to ogle at in person lol.

BWeaves I would love to see the Swan in person!!!

I'm assuming there will be plenty of hanadamas to see in PP's vault? So won't ask anyone to bring their hanadamas.

Back