White metallics?

KatiePearl

Hi everyone! I am really sorry if this is kind of s stupid question or if it's been answered before...

On one website I found mostly round white metallic FW pearls. I am intrigued because I think the luster could be close to akoyas? The Freshadamas aren't metallic at all, correct? Does PP ever get white metallics?

I am just trying to understand the differences between all of the FW pearl varieties.

And for some reason the search function on here will only look for the first word... does anyone know how to search for multiple words together? I've tried "white metallics", "metallic white", white & metallic, etc but the search function only sorts by the first word. I thought the quotations would help, but nope. I've tried googling and using boolean search functions, but those don't work on here either. :confused: I'm sure I am missing something obvious! It drives me crazy that I can't narrow my search for multiple-word topics.

Thanks! I just wonder if the FW white metallic luster is close to the sharpness of akoyas. Are they harder to find? The price is reasonable (I think $270 for a strand of 9mm?).

Last edited:
I have a strand of white metallics from Jeremy. I thought it was the only one in the world! I really really love it!

Do you mind sharing the website with us? We all NEED one of these!

I have been trying to photograph it, but I can't get the metallic to show up-yet. Sounds like a good price for 10mm!

Thanks!
Cathy has great pearls! I haven't looked at her web pages for a while.

I won't be buying, but I just know others will want one if they could see how beautiful they are!

I bet there are not very many sites advertising these pearls. I think they are more rare than the colored ones are. Jeremy only had one white strand out of dozens of metallic strands in other colors and overtones.

Thanks! That helps. She has a few other strands (one long and one with gorgeous carnival glass beads). I figured they must be rather hard to find if Jeremy doesn't have them on the website (even though I know he has lots not on the site).

Any help with the searching techniques or am I stuck just searching one word? I mean, it lets me type in multiple words but then it puts a comma between them after it searches, so I know the words aren't combined. No big deal- I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Try other search engines, maybe just "metallic pearls" Maybe Wendy and/or Nerida have some from their big Hong Kong trip! I know they both had metallics last year.

Yup- I am googling other sites too. I am just curious about this search engine for ANY multiple word search or phrase search (Pearl Paradise, natural white, Bahrain seed pearl, American Pearl, Hong Kong, gem show, etc). Really doesn't work well with just Pearl or American or gem or natural or white... I have to sort through TONS of posts, most of which mention the word one time in like 7 pages of stuff. For example, it shows up as natural, white and only finds posts with natural (and white), but not as a phrase. There are thousands of posts that mention natural! Or if I want to search for natural color freshwaters... same thing.

It's kind of driving me crazy- which is why I was curious if I was missing something or if I just have to deal with the one-word searches. I end up googling the term I want and hoping it finds it in the Pearl Guide. Most times it does, it's just a very convoluted way to search for things.

Thanks!

It's perfectly fine if you all think I'm bonkers and don't have any problems searching on here at all! It very well could just be me :D

I have had issues with multiple word searches. What it means is it can't find anything with all the words, so it goes for single words.

Okey dokey- I was just checking to make sure I wasn't losing my mind (well, I lost most of it long ago but I can't afford to lose any more!).

Have to chime in here! I first saw this thread a few weeks ago and ended up emailing Jeremy to ask if he had any white metallics hidden away... with no luck. He replied saying that he THOUGHT he had a strand but that since he couldn't find it, it had likely sold.

I was a bit disappointed but resigned to that fate- afterall, I'd never even HEARD of white metallics till I read this thread! I own a strand of the multi-coloured exotic metallics... but white?! I thought they were too rare to exist in necklace form!!

THEN I got an email this morning from none other than Jeremy, telling me that he'd found a small white metallic strand (EXACTLY what i had been looking for..!!)!

I'm so so so excited- just wanted to share that little story with others who love pearls as much as I do :D It's going to take me a little while to get them seeing as how I'm in Australia but there was just no way I could pass on these!! He even kindly sent me a photo that he had taken of them and oh my... *drool*... I had been contemplating getting a strand of white Freshadams prior to this but I am SO glad I hadn't caved in and bought it already! Of course I'm sure the Freshadamas are absolutely stunning... but there's just something about the thought of white metallics that makes me go oooooooohh ^^

Metallic isn't really a recognised pearl descriptor - even though it does describe very well a specific reflective sharp lustre. It isn't part of any formal grading system. When buying pearls you occasionally come across some described as 'double shiny' and that is it. So most sellers won't be using the words so they won't come up on google etc.

This is Mary's strand!

10-28-10-1.jpg

It came in a batch of whites earlier in the month. We had set it aside but I couldn't find it when she first emailed me. It looks like Caitlin's. It has that perfect mirror metallic shine with intense orient.

Enjoy them, heck! Of course she'll enjoy them, we don't need to tell her to enjoy them(grumble, grumble). Give her a useful instruction, like "Find a way to clone them", I say.

Thank you everyone, I will (and if only I could clone them lol!)!!

-Supposed- to be studying at the moment but I'm so bored and tired of it...! Anyways- I have the bigger version of the photo that Jeremy just posted open on my computer (thank you! I wasn't sure if it would be ok for me to post the one you sent :) ) and every time I minimise a window and catch a glimpse of it, I smile!!! The people around me probably think I'm mad hehe

It's just so pretty and shiny that I go *squeeeeee* mentally every time I see it lol :D

Enjoy them, heck! Of course she'll enjoy them, we don't need to tell her to enjoy them(grumble, grumble). Give her a useful instruction, like "Find a way to clone them", I say.

LOL You are hilarious! I agree completely! The strand in that photo is breath-taking. Congratulations on getting it, Crystal!

HAAHHAAAA LOL!!! Too Funny! ;) My thoughts exactly!

I am still so drooling over my strand; I have never seen anything like it until J's photo above. I have not been able to photo it at all. It looks like they really are rare....

Back