Two Crazy Pearl Lovers head to Pearl Paradise.

When I press play, it jumps to 0:00 and the play arrow disappears. :( Thanks for trying to help. :)

I told it to share, but skip to one minute elapsed, then pasted the link in and it worked!

that was so much fun! i can't believe others weren't asking questions - i should have asked to see more south sea loveliness. also for me the video kept switching to, say, the vault (with noone in it) or someone else's video who was just watching. i don't know if it was something i was doing on accident or what. at any rate, OMG i saw just enough to make me almost regret the fact that i just spent a ton of money on orff instruments (donation to my church's children's choir, of which i am a director). *sigh* good works or new pearls???? conundrum. hopefully some good stuff will be left by the time my mid-month paycheck comes in!!!

(kidding, not a conundrum, i know my $ was well-spent! but still, i saw that akoya torsade and had an evil moment of lust/envy/sin. :))

My microphone said it defaults to off when there are too many participants. Those ladies are too much fun!!! :)

Good for you, for helping your Choir! :)

lilliefuzzysocks and newberry -- that was SO much fun to watch yesterday! I watched live and then watched it again before bed (hooking up my iPad to a big screen TV!). Your interviews of Jon and Angela were so informative -- you couldn't have scripted the whole thing any better. It killed me to miss out on buying the fireball pendant being photographed. It was sold before I could get to it. (But they're making me another one!!!) You asked Angela exactly what we all wonder -- why do your pictures capture more than we mere mortals can? Vault peeks were intriguing. Newberry, your trying on different pieces really helped understand proportions and styles better. And I admired your ability to handle so many varied clasps graciously and quickly.

juliebeth -- you were an adorable co-star! The blue akoya torsade was magnificent and the long souffl? necklace was stunning. I hope you are able to purchase something mid-month.

Thanks again to Lucy and Ethel -- and the whole lovely PP team. Well done!!!

oh i forgot to mention! i am not sure which of you is which, lillefuzzysocks and newberry, but the one of you is an awesome narrator (and were wearing amazing big pearls - are those the metallic freshadamas? I didn't have very good resolution), and the one doing the modelling has the PERFECT complexion and chose the PERFECT outfit for every single pearl they threw at you! i certainly hope you have about a zillion pearls, coz they all looked fantastic!

Lucy and Ethel, you did an amazing job and you both looked lovely! Thank you for showing us all of the behind the scenes happenings at PP, it was very interesting. I can't wait for more details on John's custom jewelry work! lillefuzzysocks your white SS pearl strand is gorgeous ~ newberry did a fantastic job picking it out. Newberry, I am super in love with your baroque white SS bracelet ~ please post photos and details :cool: Enjoy your weekend and try not to cause too much trouble, haha ;D

My mike was switched off ( default for too many participants label) by the Powers That Be when I joined the group. I never got a chance to ask questions or compliment Lucy, Ethel and JulieBeth. There were live videos of the PP rooms, whether or not someone was in the room. It looked like they didn't know the cameras were live. For future parties, having an I.T. person keeping an eye on the feeds might help. Another thought, Perhaps we groupies could able to type questions to be read to the on air. That could give more feedback and be even more fun. Next time, I plan on gussying up instead of wearing my horse barn clothes, lol!

haha! i don't know why my microphone was not switched off like everyone else's (er, i turned it off for a few minutes, also the camera, when the mailman was coming down the street and the dogs going crazy). and there was a live chat box, but you had to click into it somehow to use it. maybe we should have a big practice session with just us groupies (show and tell pearl chat!) or something to get everyone used to it.

horse barn clothes? :) I did at least have the presence of mind to throw on two pearl strands - the overstock akoyas and the pp color-shifting strand, in case you were wondering what i had on. too bad i didn't have time to look in a mirror and arrange them better! i didn't realize i was showing full-screen whenever i said anything!! *blush*

Very entertaining, thank you!

DK :)

JulieBeth, you were *on* the whole time I was watching. I thought you did really well! I did enjoy your pearls in the casual look.
Like you, I wished that the resolution was better to see the details of goodies at PP. I missed seeing the souffle strands and the early part of the show. I'd love a practice session to learn how to push the right buttons. It was fun for me to put names and faces together, too. I feel like I know you all from your pearl guide posts, since I have been following since December.

I just arrived in Santa Barbara and I'm meeting the video stars for wine and cheese in the hotel lobby! It's a long way from San Diego - traffic all the way - so I need a drink. ;)

I just arrived from Tucson with Kether. Been in the car for 12 hours. We are at the hotel goleta- about 20 miles from any of you P-G stars....

So nobody made any plans for this evening or tomorrow AM? Except all you in-folk at the Upham?

i didn't realize i was showing full-screen whenever i said anything!! *blush*

Haha, that is funny, but you did a great job adding to the conversation...probably much better than if had you realized you were on camera. I hope you can pick up some pearls that you really want mid-month :)

Juliebeth -- I loved your pearls. Casual and plentiful. Just beautiful. And the three of you played off each other perfectly. It couldn't have been orchestrated better.

20130802_220043.jpg

Newberry and Lilliefuzzysocks

We started out in San Francisco last week, drove on HW 1, stopping in Carmel Highlands for a few days, and then Cambria to see the Hearst Castle. Didn't get to see the live chat and only saw about 1.5 minutes of it afterward. We arrived in Santa Barbara around 12:30 PM today, just in time to see the parade from the balcony.

Caitlin, I suggest tomorrow morning you see the SB Courthouse or at least go to the top of the bell tower to get a bird eye view of the coast and Spanish rooftop. The SB Mission is not too far away and you maybe able to squeeze it all in if you start out early.

Back