Three new Tahitian baubles

lmgarden

Last April, while celebrating Newberry's birthday at PP I found 2 stunning gem quality Tahitian pearls (not to mention a few other finds, but that's for another thread!).
At first I thought I'd make them into studs - I rather liked the idea of 2 different colors for each ear. The slight different sizes and the fact that I wouldn't be able to see them, changed my mind. Then I thought of stacking rings, but 3 would be better, so I found another equal quality pearl. The peacock pearl has a rose gold ring, the blue has white gold and the bronze pearl ring is gold. John suggested adding tiny diamonds 3/4s if the way down each band, which would have been stunning. But I decided I'd add my own 3 eternity bands, so opted against his suggestion. My bands don't do them justice - He was right, I'm going to have him add the diamonds! But for now I'm enjoying them just as they are!

They play really well with Fiji pearls, and golden SS pearls.

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4757.jpg
    IMG_4757.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
Ooooh! Bubbles of Beautiful Pearls! They are just lovely as they are, and with your Fiji's of course, but even I suspect John's advice is sage ;) Lovely lmgardens ... hope to see these all in short order!

I really like the way these look as they are. Just my opinion, but I think they look fantastic without diamonds. You might lose the look of the tricolor metals. I also love your diamond band peeking through on that one photo. Really wonderful rings!!

I'm not sure the diamonds would be even noticed on the bands. Those amazing pearls blot out everything else, including the other bands you are wearing.

Ooooh! Bubbles of Beautiful Pearls! They are just lovely as they are, and with your Fiji's of course, but even I suspect John's advice is sage ;) Lovely lmgardens ... hope to see these all in short order!

Thank you, Cathy! You're right these stacking rings look like Hisano's "bubble" rings! I like that I can wear one or two at a time, rather than always three. I'll be sure to bring these and the Fiji necklaces to the Ruckus!

I really like the way these look as they are. Just my opinion, but I think they look fantastic without diamonds. You might lose the look of the tricolor metals. I also love your diamond band peeking through on that one photo. Really wonderful rings!!

Thank you, JP! I may decide not to add the diamonds, but when worn one at a time, the slight sparkle might enhance rather than over power. Or perhaps I may add diamonds to the white gold band with the blue pearl, and not the others. They're very thin bands, but I see your point.

Thank you, Marianne, Sanippy, asurazzy, GemGeek, BWeaves, Pearl Dreams, Cicadalady, Battah and la corsetiere for all your kind words!!!
And thanks for not commenting on my icky gardeners hands!! I really only work on my own garden - crews do all my installations now, but school and apprenticeship aged my hands, well, really the sun. I need more beautiful rings to improve my hands-ha!

Love your projects, lmgarden. Gorgeous pearly rings and studs.

Love your projects, lmgarden. Gorgeous pearly rings and studs.

Thank you, Red! I hope you bring your Fiji pearl bracelet to the Ruckus. I last saw it at PP just before it was mailed out to you. It's gorgeous- I'd love to see it again!

Back