Curious if anyone is familiar with symbol hallmarks on the end tips of the clasp tongue?

hadam

I was told necklace had an18k clasp, it measures 3/4” and pearls are 7mm round. It is 20 inches. Today I was look for a stamping of the gold karat but only found symbols that I can’t make out. There is one symbol on each tip of clasp tongue. The clasp itself is white metal over yellow metal and 3 pearls on the clasp are strung on a yellow metal pin.
I would appreciate any opinions because I am not sure what era this from and why it does not say 18k or 750 only 2 character symbols.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1735.jpeg
    IMG_1735.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1741.png
    IMG_1741.png
    6 MB · Views: 84
It’s very common to have symbols to mark gold fineness. I don’t recognize these, but the marks and the style of the clasp look European to me. I would estimate the time period between 1900 and 1930. Not sure if the pearls and the clasp are original to each other, the pearls look like newer Akoyas to me. Most pearl necklaces at this time were graduated (bigger pearls in the front, smaller in the back). They have a lovely luster and it’s a very pretty necklace. Hope this helps!

It’s very common to have symbols to mark gold fineness. I don’t recognize these, but the marks and the style of the clasp look European to me. I would estimate the time period between 1900 and 1930. Not sure if the pearls and the clasp are original to each other, the pearls look like newer Akoyas to me. Most pearl necklaces at this time were graduated (bigger pearls in the front, smaller in the back). They have a lovely luster and it’s a very pretty necklace. Hope this helps!
Thank you 😊 I appreciate your reply, it is very helpful. I agree, they do have that European flair to them. I had a jeweler look at them and he said the hallmark is written in Arabic on both sides of the clasp and he couldn’t translate it. The pearls are in the 7mm range so they are quite possibly Akoya.

Back