This guy has the goods...

GemGeek

Pearlista
I thought you might want to see what I saw at Pearl Paradise yesterday...

Mmmmm... Those metallic pearls...

Loose metallic pearls at Pearl Paradise

And Jeremy had a big sack of round Tahitian pearls. Really big. For some reason it doesn't look as big in his hands, but it's huge.

Jeremy Shepherd with large lot of Tahitian pearls

Cheers,
Blaire

The sun is out, although still very cold for us, it's good weather for playing with pearls. My first chance to see these in the sunlight. The luster and colors are gorgeous. I found a favorite, the blue one at the bottom of a possible "grape stem" pendant, if I can find the right finding. These photos were resized, no color adjustment at all, thus, kind of dark in certain places.

IMG_4997-1.jpg
IMG_5000-1.jpg
IMG_5001-1.jpg

Elizabeth Strack was really taken with them so I gave her one pearl that looked very much like a peacock Tahitian pearl with metallic luster. She said she would take it back and try to figure it out at her lab.

One more...

Pattye, don't feel bad. He would not let me play with the large Tahitian bag. He knows those are my favorites. :p

IMG_4999.jpg

Last one. Sorry, kind of out of focus but you get the idea about the colors.

IMG_4998-1.jpg

Wow - stunning!

Cathy - hope to see a fabulous creation for these. Great job composing with those colors!

The Guy sure does have pearls. I think I am going to have to make the drive up and see them soon, very soon.

So Cathy what are you going to do with your new pretties?

Hope that you do the grape stem pendant idea, that is just gorgeous!
Marianne

no whites with metallic luster?

julie.

I don't know about the round ones what Jeremy collected. In the bag that I received, there were a few oval white ones with metallic luster. You don't see them in the pictures because they were reflecting the easter egg colors around them.

I wasn't really trying for any white pearls. The white pearls that I did choose have a secondary body color (not overtone) too. I really was looking for colors that aren't supposed to exist over anything else.

Wouldn't it be fabulous to have a whole cluster of those blue pearls? Glorious

Back