This guy has the goods...

Wow, Cathy, someone should pay you to use your "pearl eye!" Those metallics are the ultimate freshwater pearls!

Thanks to Jeremy I am the proud possessor of a growing set of jewelry featuring them. The pendant and earrings J just made up for me ("pearls for Caitlin" thread) with the bracelet I received at the 2010 ruckus- (photos under ruckus thread) I also have one of the "purloined pearls", though mine was not actually purloined, because I picked it out before the others got purloined. Anyway, I picked an excellent designer at PP and asked her to make it into a ring. I will end up with earrings, pendant, bracelet and ring, all of closely matched colors of metallic pearls. That will be outstanding and also so unique!

And I didn't even mention the strand of white round metallic pearls, which is the most beautiful strand of white pearls I have ever seen. Photo coming soon. I have a lousy camera and am always so disappointed with the outcomes, I have procrastinated about producing pearl pictures for many months, but I really have to show you guys these pearls! I never dreamed of anything like these when I first joined P-G. Between the excellent farmers who produce these pearls, to the processing plant where J has them sorted out of gazillion pearls by sharp-eyed, nimble fingered sorters.

Thanks to Jeremy I am the proud possessor of a growing set of jewelry featuring them. The pendant and earrings J just made up for me ("pearls for Caitlin" thread) with the bracelet I received at the 2010 ruckus- (photos under ruckus thread) I also have one of the "purloined pearls", though mine was not actually purloined, because I picked it out before the others got purloined. Anyway, I picked an excellent designer at PP and asked her to make it into a ring. I will end up with earrings, pendant, bracelet and ring, all of closely matched colors of metallic pearls. That will be outstanding and also so unique!

Here are the two threads Caitlin referred to:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/threads...in-as-a-thank-you-for-all-her-work-here.4713/ - pendant and earrings.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/threads/pearl-guide-ruckus-2010.4368/ - bracelet at 2010 ruckus, post # 58 & 138

Close-up of bracelet on Pearl Paradise facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...et=a.370964667005.151438.320057252005&theater, July 21, 2010 wall entry.

I have saved Jeremy's picture from facebook and attached it here.

Caitlin bracelet.jpg

suede

suede

I'm a traditionalist and this affects my response to the bracelet. I loved all of the elements. I understand the move to use suede with pearls, since like pearl, suede has visual depth, but I'm not so sure about the combination with the gold links for some reason. She chose the perfect shade of suede for the pearls, too, and obviously is gifted with creativity. talent.

Maybe it's the combination of rough with dainty? Then I had a thought -what about bigger gold links in the chain with suede threaded through it, like a ribbon? Does anyone have the goods to try that out, or want to?

I'm not implying anything lacking in the design at all, I'm just trying out an idea.

Last edited:
Thank you Cathy! I am so behind in LIFE I was cutting time corners. I appreciate your followup!

@ the world: *THIS GUY HAS THE GOODS*. He has worked harder than anyone I know on showing the world the most stunning freshwater pearls. He paid for extra sorting to get these cream of the cream of the cream pearls. They are something we would not have if it weren't for his desire to pamper us on the P-G. A lot of his special picks never make it onto the PP site, because there aren't enough of them.

I'm a traditionalist and this affects my response to the bracelet. I loved all of the elements. I understand the move to use suede with pearls, since like pearl, suede has visual depth, but I'm not so sure about the combination with the gold links for some reason. She chose the perfect shade of suede for the pearls, too, and obviously has talent.

Maybe it's the combination of rough with dainty? Then I had a thought -what about bigger gold links in the chain with suede threaded through it, like a ribbon? Does anyone have the goods to try that out, or want to?

I'm not implying anything lacking in the design at all, I'm just trying out an idea.

I think this combo is a great idea to explore in various ways. This one is suitable for me and my character. I am a Western Girl. I love leather and the dainty chains. It is so me! It is perfect with jeans from my blue denim to my dress up black denim skinny pants. Well, if it were made today, I would ask for pink gold, but this gold is pinkened by the color of the suede and pearls reflected in it. I think the pearls determined the color of the suede. What a lovely design. Thanks again. *Will Work for Pearls*

Yes, you Hippie-ChicK, you are a Western Girl! ;) She designed well for you, didn't she?

I was a Mid-Atlantic, chicken, non-commune hippie chick with a longhaired guitarist BF, wore eilet blouses and worked at a retail store without makeup, or (ahem) upper-section foundation garment. Chuckles are shaking me! What lives we led.

You're an Adventuress! The Real Deal.

p.s. I thought it was made with Rose gold.

Last edited:
Such a gorgeous combination of textures and colors in that bracelet. Really amazing. Thanks for posting the image and other links, Cathy!

Caitlin - I, too, will work for pearls. :D

I am completely *Smauged* by those pearl photos. Enchanted. Entranced. Enthralled. *out of words* Never seen anything that made me feel quite like that. Does anyone here think it would be ok if I sold my soul for pearls?

Take a number, Narcissa!

Know what? I knew that picture of Jeremy, with his eyebrow raised and that grin, holding the bag of pearls? reminded me of something/-one. It reminds me of the tune

"The Devil came down to Georgia,
lookin' for a soul to steal"

only it'd be "the Devil came down to Pearl Guide...."

Last edited:
I am so Mean. Jeremy is an Angel ;) for providing us with opportunities to buy extraordinary beauties, and I'm calling him Charlie Daniels...

It's not his fault we are weak...

Colors, colors, colors

Colors, colors, colors

I am very thankful that Jeremy travelled to China and hand-selected these pearls. At my request, Jeremy sent one small bag to let me choose some for myself. Thank you, Jeremy, this batch and the purloined pearls are the best FW pearls I have ever seen. I do not want to post this in the Show Us Your Pearls forum. There is a continuity here if I post some more pictures. My dream grape stem pendant has to be custom-made if I want something like this. I have searched the internet and have not found any finding like this. I contacted the website that sells this pendant to purchase the finding and they did not reply to me.

Grape stem pendant.jpg

Last edited:
More colors

More colors

Meanwhile, this is what I just whipped up today. I am ready for Easter. :D:D:D

IMG_5021-2.jpg

Last edited:
Blinds were opened some more...Crest strip is there for color reference of the blue pearl. It got washed out from the light though.

IMG_5024-1.jpg

Back