Studs

BWeaves

Ok, so I've been lusting after some of the gorgeous stud earrings you all have posted, especially the ones from Kamoka.

I'm trying to narrow down what I really like. I know my earlobes have a weight limit, so I'm thinking around 8.5 to 9.5 mm for a stud.

What do you think of these?

PETITE GREEN DREAM TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 8.5 mm shiny green with pink centers for $490
BLACK & WHITE TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 9.3 mm aubergine aqua pearl and silver blue white pearl for $490
PINK-GREEN PEACOCK TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 9.4 pink green peacock for $540

But I'm also tempted by these drops:

BRIGHT TAHITIAN GOLDEN GREEN PEACOCK LEVER BACKS 9 mm asymmetrical super green cherry drops for $585
SILVER BRONZE-PINK LEVER BACKS 9.5 mm bronze pink drops for $520

But I have to keep reminding myself that I already have these 11 x 13 mm beauties from Kojima, but they can get a little heavy by the end of the day.

IMG_1938.jpg

P.S. I'm not sure how to post a link to the vendor photos, so I just gave the description.

Last edited:
Links in order as you listed them:

1. PETITE GREEN DREAM TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 8.5 mm shiny green with pink centers for $490
https://kamokapearls.com/collection...tite-green-dream-tahitian-pearl-stud-earrings

2. BLACK & WHITE TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 9.3 mm aubergine aqua pearl and silver blue white pearl for $490
https://kamokapearls.com/collections/earrings/products/black-white-tahitian-pearl-stud-earrings-3

3. PINK-GREEN PEACOCK TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS 9.4 pink green peacock for $540
https://kamokapearls.com/collection...nk-green-peacock-tahitian-pearl-stud-earrings

4. BRIGHT TAHITIAN GOLDEN GREEN PEACOCK LEVER BACKS 9 mm asymmetrical super green cherry drops for $585
https://kamokapearls.com/collection...ght-tahitian-golden-green-peacock-lever-backs

5. SILVER BRONZE-PINK LEVER BACKS 9.5 mm bronze pink drops for $520
https://kamokapearls.com/collections/earrings/products/silver-bronze-pink-lever-backs

I like the 1st and 3rd best studs, personally. The 1st would be more noticeably smaller than the necklace; if that matters to you.

But they are round and your necklace is drops-- not that it matters, but if drops are what you prefer, then #4 are more colorful and #6 a better match for shape, but less colorful.

Sorry, not very helpful, was it? :p

I already have the Kojima drops that match the necklace, so I'm not really going for another matchy pair.

I'm curious what some of you like or dislike, since I love everyone's taste in pearls on this forum. Obviously all of these are gorgeous.

For example, there's something about the asymmetry of the black and white pair that appeals to me, but then I'm not sure what I would wear them with.

And 1 and 3 are very similar except for size.

Then I wonder if I should give PP a call and find out what they have, but I really like the Kamoka ones.

MUST WAIT FOR RUCKUS.

Last edited:
I love them all but my favourites are the black and white pair, the bright green golden drops and petite green dream.
The black and white ones are gorgeous and unique. The drops look like they'd be the brightest, flashiest pair and the petite studs look brighter than the larger peacock pair.

What are you leaning towards?

Number 3 looks amazing! I have Tahitian drops, but no studs, so a fab pair is on my want list also! Estimate that size earring would be slightly less than 2 grams, making it fairly light. Over 4 grams per ear is getting into the heavier range for many women. (per fine jewelry designer, Judith Ripka.

All are gorgeous; not a bad choice here :) But, you started your question saying you are lusting after studs, and you do have the lovely Kojima drops, so I vote those fabulous studs #3!

BW, I agree with Cathy - I'd choose studs. I like the uniqueness of the back and white studs, or the petite green studs - all would look amazing, depends on what suits you best.

I like the #1 and #3 the best. I'm a bit indifferent to the black and white...I feel like I'd rather buy a white pair and a black pair of the same size and have 3 options...lol I like the sharpness of #1 tho they are a bit smallish and I tend to like closer to 10mm . I agree that I'd definitely go for round as you already have drop Tahitians ... and those drops are also a bit mismatched for me. Very pretty colours on both of the round studs. ...

OK, the drops are out.

The problem with the studs is that I'm leaning towards all three.
There are pros and cons to each of them.

I also thought about getting a white pair of Hanadamas in a similar size, so if I got the right Tahitian pair, I could make my own black and white pair.

Thank you all for your comments. I still haven't made up my mind.

OK, the drops are out.

I also thought about getting a white pair of Hanadamas in a similar size, so if I got the right Tahitian pair, I could make my own black and white pair.

Exactly ! Thats what I meant by saying I'd get two pair , one white and one black, instead of the Black and white pair. Get the bigger ones lol and a matching size WSS or Hanadama !

too difficult to choose something for somebody!

All are gorgeous. I have been eyeing 2 myself and like you thought I can do a mismatch if I get 2 different sets (more earrings!)
3 is gorgeous. That's my vote.

Maybe i'm wrong but as for me № 1 more peacock (by the photos) than peacock № 3 My vote №1

Hi,
I can't help think that you could have both pairs for the same price if you source the findings and pearls separately. I for example, source the pearl pegs in platinum from Bella Findings (I have sensitive ears) and have seen the drop peg findings at RioGrande which look identical in 14k white and yellow gold (you would need to sign up for an account). If you order the pearls half drilled from a reputable pearl dealer and with a little jewelers epoxy you can do it for a lot less (and save some for your next conquest!!)

Agreed you can definitely make earrings for a lot cheaper but honestly Pearly Whites, Kamoka pearls are outstanding. My Ts from other reputable vendors championed on this forum just don't compare. I also love that with Kamoka I know the providence of my pearls. They are also sustainably grown. AND Celeste and Josh are lovely to boot! AND they do a great job describing and photographing their pearls so you know what you're getting. Obviously I'm a massive Kamoka fan lol.

I love all your kamoka pearls Hanadama. The colours and luster are outstanding.

Bweaves, why don't you ask for a side by side picture of #1 and #2.

Back