Studs

I like both #1 and #3.

I'd probably go for #1 because I have a pair of 8-9mm dark Tahitian studs from PP that are my go-to earrings. The small size makes them just right for my usual very casual clothes. But if you get dressed up for work then maybe go a bit larger with #3 instead. And then you might want to figure in what you already have, too...

BWeaves, you could also contact Celeste to see if they have any special pairs in the works!

I got the most adorable e-mail from Celeste this morning. She noticed a huge uptick on their Kamoka website, and lots of new newsletter registrations, and she traced it back to this thread. She offered to send me some more photos, answer questions, send me the pearls, hehehe. It really made me giggle this morning. I've been busted!

I vote for number 4 :) I also like the balck and White ones (number 2), but since they are studs I'm afraid they might look light just earrings from different pairs. I vote for number 4 :)

I adore the colors on my Kamoka pearls (my picture is also a Kamoka). I gave my sister a deep green pendant that was as green as handama's was blue.

It was so. hard. to let. it go. If it was not for my sister, I would have kept it! It looked like it was dipped in green thick gloss. If anyone is new to pearls and reads this...definitely check their pearls out!

Sorry for the thread hijack, sending extra love to Kamoka!

20160404_154321green.jpg

Last edited:
I got the most adorable e-mail from Celeste this morning. She noticed a huge uptick on their Kamoka website, and lots of new newsletter registrations, and she traced it back to this thread. She offered to send me some more photos, answer questions, send me the pearls, hehehe. It really made me giggle this morning. I've been busted!

That's so cute! Im excited to see what you decide on!

I adore the colors on my Kamoka pearls (my picture is also a Kamoka). I gave my sister a deep green pendant that was as green as handama's was blue.

It was so. hard. to let. it go. If it was not for my sister, I would have kept it! It looked like it was dipped in green thick gloss. If anyone is new to pearls and reads this...definitely check their pearls out!

Sorry for the thread hijack, sending extra love to Kamoka!

View attachment 47819

That's one gorgeous pearl Money! In fact, it was the one I wanted most but you got there first! Here it is front and center flanked by my Blue and aubergine pearls!

IMG_1877.jpg

That's one gorgeous pearl Money! In fact, it was the one I wanted most but you got there first! Here it is front and center flanked by my Blue and aubergine pearls!

View attachment 47825

That reminded me to ask Celeste if she has run across any more stunning blues...every time I see yours I melt. Funny how I loved that blue and you loved that green. We're star crossed pearl sister now.

I starting to lean towards #2 and #3. They're both so different.

I'm afraid that if I buy a white pair and a black pair that I'll never wear one of each. But #2 is really nicely unmatched. I love asymmetrical earrings.

Must think on this some more.

Black and white is easier to do. Great matching is difficult! For color I vote 1. For size I vote 3!

That reminded me to ask Celeste if she has run across any more stunning blues...every time I see yours I melt. Funny how I loved that blue and you loved that green. We're star crossed pearl sister now.

Haha we obviously have great taste! ; )

Ooh you definitely should! She listed a gorgeous pair of blue studs recently. I loved them but unfortunately my pearl budget was (and is) spent!

I'm thinking that you can go a bit bigger for studs? They are not as heavy as dangles due to less metal and action (I think the swinging motion adds to the earlobe fatigue). You know, in case PSS sets in.

If you can wait... I'll recommend getting a pair at the ruckus. Size aside, I've many pairs of t studs and even slight tones can look quite different when worn. What I've also learnt is that my favourite color isn't usually always the pair that looks best on my ear.

I decided to order the black & white pair, and the bigger peacock pair, to see them in person.

The petite flashy green pair are gorgeous, but I think a bit too green and too small. They're actually a hair bigger than my old akoya studs, and I think I want something a bit bigger, but not too big. My favorite weight of drops is roughly 9 mm, so I'm sticking to that range for studs, at least to start with. I want them to be comfortable.

I think a pair of natural white Hanadamas from PP are also in my future, but I'll wait until Ruckus when I can try on different sizes.

The thing with Tahitians is that every pair is unique. I don't want a pair of Tahitian studs. I want the right pair of Tahitian studs. That's why I'm not looking at the cheapest way to go, but the pair that makes my heart sing. I know that everything from Kamoka Pearls is a winner and completely unique, and Celeste is wonderfully responsive when you contact her.

PP was also very responsive, as always, but I'm more concerned that the unique pairs from Kamoka might disappear during Valentine's Day, whereas PP always has Hanadamas.

So exciting!! Please share lots of photos when they arrive!

THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE HERE! My Kamoka studs arrived fast for coming all the way across the continent diagonally. They are beautiful.

What do you think? I'll tell you which way I'm leaning at the end of the photos.

Black and white on the left. Peacock pinky ones on the right. Both are about 9.3 to 9.5 mm.

IMG_2080.jpg

With my moonstone and sapphire ring. The lighting is terrible. You cannot see the colors I'm seeing.

IMG_2082.jpg

The peacock ones actually match all my current Tahitians. I seem to be consistent in the color I like.

IMG_2066.jpg

Next to my Kojima drops.

Last edited:
Back