Studs

Will you consider keeping both pairs? I like the black/white better with the Swan and Hamantaschen, personally.

With druzy quartz

View attachment 48169

View attachment 48170

With little h

View attachment 48171

View attachment 48172

Neither pair quite works with my white pearls, but both look great with the blues.

I'm actually leaning towards the black and white pair tonight, just because I almost feel like the pair that matches is too matchy matchy.
Crazy, huh? I need to see them in daylight.

The colors of the black and white pair are interesting. The black pearl has a purple halo, and the white pearl has a blue halo.

I have considered keeping both pairs of Tahitians, but I also feel like I'm leaning towards just one pair of Tahitian studs and then getting some white Hanadamas as my other pair of studs.

What do you think of the size? I think this may be as big as I'm willing to go on studs. I'm wondering if I should have tried the smaller green pair, too. Hum

Last edited:
I'd either get the pinky pair OR ask for a pair of charms/drop attachments (what are they called?) with similar whitish/blackish hues as the whitish/blackish studs, to wear with the opposite color stud on each ear.

Last edited:
I think it's going to be tough to match the color of the black and white pair with a pair of matching drops. I mean, I love that look a LOT, but it's not what I'm going for here.

Funny part is. If I get the matching peacock pair, and then buy some white akoyas in the same size, I know me. I will never wear one of each because I'd feel like I got dressed in the dark. But if I buy a pair that is purposefully mismatched, I'll wear the hell out of them. Decisions decisions.

I'll try to get some daylight photos tomorrow.

OH, I'd like to add that the photos online for the Komoka website are very realistic as to what the pearls look like in my own home.

I'm so excited for u. But I'm not sure why I can't see majority of the pics! Ahhhh.
It's listed as attachment.

The pics were showing earlier, but now show as attachment. If I reopen to edit and then resave the pics show up again. And then they disappear and show as attachment. There must be something going on with the website.

Wahhh most of the photos aren't showing!

Based on the first photos alone I prefer the peacocks. Which surprises me because I was so in love with the mismatch pair!

I don't know why most of the photos aren't showing. Maybe I posted too many and got banned as a spammer?

Well, I decided to keep the black and white pair because they match my blue akoyas really well, and all my baroque pendants. And they are very comfortable. They are 9.3 mm.

The peacock pair are 9.4 mm, but they felt much larger and heavier than the black and white pair, even though they are only ONE TENTH of a mm larger than the black and white pair. Celeste had mentioned this to me, too, that the peacock pair felt bigger to her. I wonder if they had a heavier core or if the tiny extra bit of nacre really made the pearl that much bigger and heavier.

The peacock pair are very perfect, and my Tahitian necklaces are very color banded and baroque in shape. So even though the color match was very good, I felt the overall look wasn't quite right. Anyway, I know there are more out there, and I have a better idea of what size pearl works on my earlobe best. 8 mm to 9.3 mm.

The quality of the Kamoka pearls are just outstanding. Really gorgeous and high quality.

Last edited:
BWeaves, you certainly haven't posted too many photos-- I wonder if you sized them smaller, the attachment might show up?

My phone and iPhoto are acting weird. I promise to have some photos soon.

I wore the b&w pair with all my blue akoya ropes today.

Here's the two pairs in daylight this morning. B/W on the left. Peacock on the right.

The black pearl has the most amazing purple halo on it. and the white one looks like my blue akoyas.

The matched pair are gorgeous, but they just didn't sing to me. And they felt heavy even thought they are only 1/10 of a mm bigger than the B/W pair. They really are gorgeous, aren't they? But I also have my opal drops from Kojima which are a similar coloration.

IMG_2100.jpg

Here's me wearing them with my blue akoyas.

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see if I can repost some of the previous pics.

I like the little h pendant with the peacock pair more than the b/w pair, but I have other earrings I like better with this pendant.

View attachment 48225

View attachment 48226

View attachment 48227

View attachment 48228

View attachment 48229

View attachment 48230

View attachment 48231

IMG_2070.jpg

See, these look too much like my Kojima drops, so I'm not sure I'll get as much wear out them.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Yeah, I may kick myself later for not keeping the peacock pair. But there's always Ruckus.

Last edited:
Back