Some of my odd pearl creations

Quite simply --- WOW!

Wow, indeed! The necklace is just wonderful and I am utterly smitten by that sweet little blue heart.

Golly...I just love having fans...;)

Truly, thank you all for your kind words. You are all a great part of my inspiration!!!

Sheri

I always look forward to your updates. You have one clever idea after another. Showing off all the pearls is a great concept - no hiding behind those locks!
John

I'm joining this party rather late.
Very clever design.
I find all your ideas new and fresh .............. and very wearable !!!!! Please, continue showing your creations....

I adore that piece! Tell me...how do you preserve real insects for use in jewelry??

The insects aren't preserved, just long-dead...the ectoskeleton is like a shell and quite sturdy. The one thing I have learned is that to prevent beetles from being eaten when they're out in the open, they need to be coated with nail polish or resin or something equally unpalatable to the pesky little boring beetles. I've made jewelry using insects set in resin or inside a closed container, and the predators aren't a problem in that situation.

Sheri

Those energy drinks can be dangerous...

Those energy drinks can be dangerous...

This is bad...

It's 2:09 a.m. I fully expected to doze off on the sofa while watching a Harry Potter rerun, but I made the mistake of drinking a diet "rockstar" soda with my popcorn...a full 16 ounces...and it definitely lives up to its reputation as an "energy drink". Ack!!! Happily, I don't have to go to work tomorrow, though I do have a bride coming for her final fitting, so must be out of bed and lucid by 10. But hey, that's still 8 hours off!

This is rather off the subject, I know, but hey, this is basically my thread, so thought I'd babble a bit. And happy happy happy I just made myself a sweet new necklace out of some FW klonks I've been collecting, not gemmy by any means, but big (13-16mm) and pretty and colorful. AND, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, it is the absolutely PERFECT length to nest cozily above my gumball Tahitians I got from Jeremy. Which will nest so delightfully with the monster SS baroques I got from him at the ruckus, which are due to arrive TOMORROW - wheeeee!

Oh the joys of an odd lowly beader. Who happens to be infatuated with enormous pearls.

Will post photos tomorrow, assuming the monsters arrive as scheduled. Also have a couple new gothy creations (for those of you who weren't at the ruckus) to share. Because bats and pearls just go so well together.

Wish me luck getting to sleep...

Sheri

Bats and pearls go together wonderfully! I have been wearing my beautiful bat necklace quite proudly.

La Corsetiere's Work

La Corsetiere's Work

you're definitely winning fans in my neck of the woods, Sheri...:)

Oh , I can't wait to see your new necklace(s). I always enjoy your designs.

Sheri - As I catch up around here I am STUNNED by your designs. Really wonderful and wearable. It's no small feat to come up with unusual designs which are also inviting. Even while regal and a gorgeous celebration of the pearls themselves. Your layers of necklaces have inspired me to be a bit less frumpy and remember my inner rock star, and that mesh necklace, Oh! Boy!. Now I go off to ponder my weird Habu textiles inspired ideas...

I can't wait to see more. :)

This is bad...

It's 2:09 a.m. I fully expected to doze off on the sofa while watching a Harry Potter rerun, but I made the mistake of drinking a diet "rockstar" soda with my popcorn
Sheri

Don't know if you've had one, but I think the blue diet Rockstar is tastier than the white. Both are big faves because I love sour things. Unfortunately, though, I'm pretty inured to them as a stimulant.

Hooray for more gothy photos!

Don't know if you've had one, but I think the blue diet Rockstar is tastier than the white. Both are big faves because I love sour things. Unfortunately, though, I'm pretty inured to them as a stimulant.

Hooray for more gothy photos!

Oh my, I'll have to keep an eye out for the blue ones...particularly the next time I want to do an all-night pearling marathon!!!

Will try to post new photos soon...computer issues are complicating my life, alas...(I have a sneaky suspicion my husband sabotaged the computer while I was off ruckusing, so we could get a new one...)

Sheri (pearl-blessed but technologically-challenged)

OK, new computer has been acquired, photo-posting ability restored, wheee! Here are a few new gothly creations...

And a photo of my nesting monsters for good measure! (largest white pearl is 18.5mm diameter):D:

Sheri

Attachments

• Sheri's photos 002.jpg
    Sheri's photos 002.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Sheri's photos 003.jpg
    Sheri's photos 003.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Sheri's photos 004.jpg
    Sheri's photos 004.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Sheri's photos 005.jpg
    Sheri's photos 005.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Sheri's photos 024.jpg
    Sheri's photos 024.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 44
Love, love, love your stuff! Fun and fabulous at the same time.
And that jumbo SS baroques! Yowza!!

Back