Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Last year I sent my mother's akoya pearls off to PP to be restrung, but the pearls were in such bad shape that they really couldn't be worn. Even though I have 7 or 8 akoya necklaces of my own, my mother's pearls have sentimental value. So, I ordered a strand of unknotte fwp and strung them onto Mom's clasp. I'll keep the crappy old pearls in her jewelry box, but now I can at least wear her clasp. The pearls are 7.5-8mm and knotted are 20". They look really pink and that bothered me, but they look white when worn. In honor of President's Day, here they are with my cherry sweater.

Parrotlady: I did the same thing with my grandmother's pearls. The pearls were worn out, but the clasp was still great. PP replaced the pearls with Freshadamas but used Nana's clasp, and I still call it Nana's necklace.

BWeaves, I wore my mother's pearls to her funeral 18 years ago, and they've been in the jewelry case ever since. I've been so sentimentally attached to them that I didn't want to make any changes, but what's the point of having an unwearable pearl necklace? I think she would approve of their reincarnation. Now I need to find a new way of reinventing her triple-pearl screw-back earrings. Pendant? Ring? Pierced or dangle earrings?

Wearing my pipi pearls with Sheri's octo-mermaid, my 22k Goldens from PP, and a new OSKA top and wool cardigan. Catching the last light of the day. More snow is coming tomorrow.

View attachment 65299

I need a nice picture of Pipi pearls. Can you coil it up and get a photograph in indirect light on a plain piece of paper? (Pearls in front of you and stand between the pearls with the light source behind you.) I would love that if you can do it. :)

I need a nice picture of Pipi pearls. Can you coil it up and get a photograph in indirect light on a plain piece of paper? (Pearls in front of you and stand between the pearls with the light source behind you.) I would love that if you can do it. :)

I looked through my photos and found these from last May. Two strands on an extender in these pictures.

Pipi Pearls

Wearing double strand of pipi pearls

GemGeek - I can take some better pictures, but it will be a few days.

Fascinating! I've never heard of Pipi pearls before, so I did some research. They're lovely, Red!

Thank you very much. These are treasures indeed. Strands were purchased last year from the PP VIP page. I had natural pearls on my wishlist, and I feel like royalty when I wear these.

A couple more shots taken today for GemGeek.

A strand of rare, natural pipi pearls courtesy of Pearl Paradise

Two strands of wild natural pearls - pearl paradise

Gorgeous photos of the lovely Pipis Red! I'm SO lucky to have the 3rd strand :)

Thank you, Cathy. Glad you got the other pipi strand.

Today I'm wearing my Sea of Cortez triple pendant set in palladium and diamonds by Stephen Vincent Design. The top is OSKA shirt Turea in Flint, another color that works great with both these pearls and my coloring. Sweater is OSKA Jacket Taril in violet.

Sea of Cortez triple pendant set in palladium and diamonds - Stephen Vincent Design

Red and Cathy, you are so lucky to have those special pipi pearls! Loving those OSKA colors, Red, and that SOC pendant- !!!

Wearing one of the golden SS harvest ropes from PP, Ruckus 2017, with a station chain made of Biwa pearls and a Myanmar golden SS pendant hanging from it.
Pearl Paradise mixed South Sea strand worn long

jeg, I am continually amazed at your incredible collection of pearls. I love this thread and seeing everyone's creativity!

That was a great catch up, thank you pearl people for all those lovely photos.

Beautiful naturals, Red. They are so amazing; words escape me!

Jeg, I am so loving your style & your pearls!!!

Back