• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Parrot Lady

Last year I sent my mother's akoya pearls off to PP to be restrung, but the pearls were in such bad shape that they really couldn't be worn. Even though I have 7 or 8 akoya necklaces of my own, my mother's pearls have sentimental value. So, I ordered a strand of unknotted fwp and strung them onto Mom's clasp. I'll keep the crappy old pearls in her jewelry box, but now I can at least wear her clasp. The pearls are 7.5-8mm and knotted are 20". They look really pink and that bothered me, but they look white when worn. In honor of President's Day, here they are with my cherry sweater.

IMG_2920.JPGIMG_2921.jpg

pattye

Pearl Scholar
86CG & ParrotLady, you both look so elegant in your white pearls! Anything embroidered catches my eye, love the tunic and the white sweater!
Could you post a close up of the clasp, PL? If you did before, I may have missed it. A good solution for when pearls are just too worn to restring; both necklaces have great luster!

Katbran

Gemandpearlover - your necklace looks great..I had no idea there were so many Koi items until I saw your Connector and looked up Koi on ETSY.
It looks wonderful, now I'm thinking about getting a Koi charm !

86C- Your pieces look wonderful, I do love the Blue Akoya. Fast becoming a favourite pearl ! Love that the nail salon women tried them on!

jeg- that is a gorgeous bracelet ! It's always difficult to adjust the length on larger or long pearls isn't it... little pearls make for an easy fix...larger you do have to just keep trying until you find the right combo! Good luck and do post the finished bracelet please !

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks, Katbran!

86C and ParrotLady, you both look lovely in your white pearls. 86C, I hope it was a joyous celebration. ParrotLady, they look very white on your sweater- even next to the pink cherries.

Parrot Lady

[/ATTACH]
Could you post a close up of the clasp, PL? If you did before, I may have missed it. A good solution for when pearls are just too worn to restring; both necklaces have great luster!

Patty, it's a 17x4mm brushed gold box clasp with her monogram engraved on it. It's pretty heavy so lies nice and flat.

View attachment 65598

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 0

86Corvettegirl

Thank you, Charlotta, Bcm21mk, CathyKeshi, Pattye, & Jeg. We had a wonderful time! We left the reception at 10:30 & the party was still rocking. Unexpected touch was she wore the 17" Akoya necklace hubby & gave her when she graduated HS. She looked beautiful & they make such a handsome couple. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Katbran, it was so funny when one of the ladies asked to try on the tin cup, then another one wanted to try on the rope, then the necklaces got passed around from one to another. Many had never seen blue Akoya.

Parrot Lady, the redo of your mother's pearls looks fantastic. What a wonderful way to honor her. They look absolutely beautiful on you!

BWeaves

Last year I sent my mother's akoya pearls off to PP to be restrung, but the pearls were in such bad shape that they really couldn't be worn. Even though I have 7 or 8 akoya necklaces of my own, my mother's pearls have sentimental value. So, I ordered a strand of unknotted gem grade fwp from Pearls of Joy during their sale and strung them onto Mom's clasp. I'll keep the crappy old pearls in her jewelry box, but now I can at least wear her clasp. The pearls are 7.5-8mm and knotted are 20". They look really pink and that bothered me, but they look white when worn. In honor of President's Day, here they are with my cherry sweater.

Parrotlady: I did the same thing with my grandmother's pearls. The pearls were worn out, but the clasp was still great. PP replaced the pearls with Freshadamas but used Nana's clasp, and I still call it Nana's necklace.

BWeaves

Last year I sent my mother's akoya pearls off to PP to be restrung, but the pearls were in such bad shape that they really couldn't be worn. Even though I have 7 or 8 akoya necklaces of my own, my mother's pearls have sentimental value. So, I ordered a strand of unknotted gem grade fwp from Pearls of Joy during their sale and strung them onto Mom's clasp. I'll keep the crappy old pearls in her jewelry box, but now I can at least wear her clasp. The pearls are 7.5-8mm and knotted are 20". They look really pink and that bothered me, but they look white when worn. In honor of President's Day, here they are with my cherry sweater.

Parrotlady: I did the same thing with my grandmother's pearls. The pearls were worn out, but the clasp was still great. PP replaced the pearls with Freshadamas but used Nana's clasp, and I still call it Nana's necklace.

Yours look really lovely and the engraved clasp makes it extra special. I love a special clasp.

Parrot Lady

BWeaves, I wore my mother's pearls to her funeral 18 years ago, and they've been in the jewelry case ever since. I've been so sentimentally attached to them that I didn't want to make any changes, but what's the point of having an unwearable pearl necklace? I think she would approve of their reincarnation. Now I need to find a new way of reinventing her triple-pearl screw-back earrings. Pendant? Ring? Pierced or dangle earrings?

GemGeek

Pearlista
Wearing my pipi pearls with Sheri's octo-mermaid, my 22k Goldens from PP, and a new OSKA top and wool cardigan. Catching the last light of the day. More snow is coming tomorrow.

View attachment 65299

I need a nice picture of Pipi pearls. Can you coil it up and get a photograph in indirect light on a plain piece of paper? (Pearls in front of you and stand between the pearls with the light source behind you.) I would love that if you can do it. :)

Red

I need a nice picture of Pipi pearls. Can you coil it up and get a photograph in indirect light on a plain piece of paper? (Pearls in front of you and stand between the pearls with the light source behind you.) I would love that if you can do it. :)

I looked through my photos and found these from last May. Two strands on an extender in these pictures.

20180509_094656.jpg

20180508_142455.jpg