Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

OMG, I'm on pearl overload today.

First off, I wore my best pearls today. My natural white Hanadama rope from PP and my metallic FW drops.

ear shot 2

neck shot

Then I got home and there was a pair of earrings and necklace from Kojima waiting for me.
I've never had good luck ordering Tahitians before because they always look different in the photos vs. real life.
These exceeded their photos.

The opal and Tahitian drop Helen earrings and the Isa Isa necklace with the vintage sapphire and white gold clasp. I like a fancy clasp, and I have short hair so it always shows. I just think it makes the pearls look more expensive when you have a special clasp.

On my porch at twilight:

close up

On my neck on the porch, in my PJs because why not? This is what they look like in real life color wise.

Fireball necklace from Pearl Paradise

PP white ripples neck shot

In my bathroom under a row of bright white lights.

Size graduated metallic strands triple nested from Pearl Paradise

Sea of Cortez mabe pearls

CC golden fig set 5 20 14

I finally understand what you all see in Tahitians. These are shiny and colorful and drop dead gorgeous.

I was secretly hoping I wasn't going to like them because I also have PP looking for an Edison necklace for me, like Baby Nurses.
How on earth am I going to explain this to my husband.
I know! Our 30th anniversary is coming up. Honey, guess what you just bought me?

Last edited:
First of all...BN that combo of the pistachio and the metallic drop is just gorgeous.
BWeaves- I love your new Tahitians ! So very pretty and such lovely surfaces! Very clean looking drops. I'm glad you are thrilled !

I couldn't say it better. Great eye candy!

BWeaves, your Kojima Tahitians are stunning! Wonderful overtones, luster and shapes. So glad to hear that you've finally found a set that makes your heart sing:)

I'll have to get photos later, but my new Kojima Tahitian earrings look amazing with The Swan.

Slightly off topic-- BWeaves, where did you get that white knitted top you're wearing with your Hanadamas? It's gorgeous with those pearls!

BWeaves, SO glad you finally found Tahitians that make your heart sing ... and the earrings with opals ... WOW! Sarah is so inventive. I'm with Baby Nurse on that lovely white lacy top!

The white knit and lace top is from Anthropologie, but it's a couple of years old. It looked like nothing in the online photos, but was dynamite in person. And it washes well, surprisingly enough.

I confess, my mother bought the sweater first, and I loved how it looked on her with her rope of SS pearls, so I copied her.

Mom and I have a tendency to dress alike a lot. We do shopping trips together and share a dressing room and try on the same clothes (only different sizes). I'm sure the younger ladies in the other dressing rooms think we're nuts. We hog the big dressing room and try on the entire store.

I'm pretty much an Anthropologie and Boden girl.

That's hilarious, BWeaves! I love Anthropologie as well but I think it's a bit more expensive than Boden, with fewer deals to be had. Gorgeous stuff though and I'm sure I'd be buying if there was a store nearby!

Double strand of blue baroque akoya from PP.

Double strand of blue baroque akoya from Pearl Paradise

I love those akoyas so much and they look fabulous in a dark cobalt blue. Or would that be ultramarine blue? :)

Those blue akoya pearls make that shade of sapphire blue look stunning ... or is it the other way around? No matter, both look fabulous!

BWeaves, nice to see your T's here, too (as well as on PS) -- on PS, the photos didn't have the same clarity. Gorgeous. And that 30th anniversary sure is handy!

BN, your BBAs look so pretty! I have to say I wear mine (also last year's PP April special) a lot. They go fantastic with summer and winter clothes alike (especially black), and they look elegant yet not the usual white pearls. So versatile.

Love to have another Tahitian pearl lover BWeaves! Welcome to the group and love your strand. I agree the unique clasps really set off a special strand, and yours is very nice. I have to say that is really one very metallic drop pendant! Wow!!

Baby Nurse, please spare me.... I love your bbas... the color, the luster... oh.... and then your edisons... I don't know how much more I can take.... those two are some of my favorite strands!

baby nurse, what a great shot of the baroque blue akoyas-- you caught the colors so well.

Beautiful pictures everyone. BWeaves love the new earrings and Babynurse the double blue akoyas is perfect with the sweater.

Back